Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super-Early Crowning?

Default Super-Early Crowning?

I was thinking about gut's Arena challenge, and became curious as to whether or not it would be possible to get crowned in the given 2000 turns. With piety scum, it's presumably possible, but it requires a rather fortuitous set of circumstances (and piety scum alone requires ~1300 turns IIRC). I was looking at a dwarf merchant--with 4 talents, you can start with ~45000 starting gold, and your friendly deity will give you a 25% bonus on that, so that's almost 60k worth of piety. Not enough, but... not far off. If you sacced arena winnings from the first 20 fights + gladius... that might be enough. Or had a shop with a friendly merchant to exploit.

Any other ideas? I'm not specifically thinking in terms of the rules Arena challenge, just... what is the minimum number of turns necessary to get crowned?

[edit]The speedrun wizard route might be another option. Looking at evariste's game, by turn 2000 he had finished pyramid and visited Darkforge. Between the two that could give enough loot to get crowned. Or at least give a chance to try for a dragon double maybe.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 07-20-2010 at 06:22 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

1) Yes, it's possible, ie a vault and an altar on D:1.
    2) did he do that in less than 10days?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

To add some random thoughts to the brainstorm: if you?re lucky enough to find an artifact, or skilled enough to grab a garantueed artifact, or more than one, you could sell them for lots of money, maybe enough for crown.

Or maybe poolsip for wish, wish for money?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    xp dependant, no?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    To add some random thoughts to the brainstorm: if you?re lucky enough to find an artifact, or skilled enough to grab a garantueed artifact, or more than one, you could sell them for lots of money, maybe enough for crown.

I don't think any easily obtainable artifact gives enough money for a crowning. You'd have to sell it in bandit town too, unless you hope to dive straight to DT. Wishing for valuable items has the same problems, although if you were a dwarven merchant with 45k starting gold, you could wish for a dragon of some kind for doubling at least.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

No, I mean wishing for gold directly, not items to sell. IIRC the amount should be about 40k, but I?m not sure - it could be XP dependent like Dudley says, I?m not sure.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

The ancient scythe, the dwarven rune axe and the torc are probably the artifacts that are available the quickest for a merchant.

Alignment can also be a problem if the DT altar is generated lawful.

I thought the money you get from a wish is dependent on DL. But it can be the Xp, I don't know. But for a dwarvish merchant it'll be enough at Level 1 I think. You need less than 70000 gold for the crowning, so you need to collect only 25000. (First 20 arena fights give about 5000.)
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

altair on pc5 should do.

So... dwarven ring merchant with teleport control ring gets wand in VDDL, poolsips Darkforge for money wish, then sacs it all on Dwarftown altar (chainmail, blinger)?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.