Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: very exploitive bug

Quote Originally Posted by BlkDucky View Post
    Body part #2 is already in use.
    I feel that someone needs to open Paint and draw a comic about this. gut?
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

I think the 'body part in use' means the game tried to create a piece of starting equipment in a slot already occupied in the previous character - e.g. when creating two elven rangers in succession and forgetting to remove the chain mail of the first one: the game crashes trying to wear two suits of armour simultaneously.

Somewhat unexpected - it wouldn't have surprised me in the least if you could have exploited that to end up with:

C - 627 elven chain mails (+18,+7] [+120,+3266] 6270s
    and the necessary strength to carry them, of course.

And let's not forget:
    F - skull 113 staff (+23, 113d10+132)

And just for fun and giggles a short .flg snippet:

Code:
    Name: Aeryielle           Race: female Gray Elf     Class: Merchant

He: 08/15 metal cap [+0, +1]                                          [50s]
    Ne: -
    Bo: blessed beautiful leather armor of carrying [+0, +2]             [150s]
    Gi: -
    Cl: -
    RH: blessed golden gladius "Death's Sting" (+2, 2d5+2) [+3, +3] (+7 spd)
    LH: blessed wooden shield [+3, +1]                                    [80s]
    RR: blessed ring of damage                                             [1s]
    LR: 08/15 ring of protection +4                                        [1s]
    Br: -
    Ga: -
    Bo: 08/15 leather boots [+3, +3]                                      [25s]
    MW: -
    Mi: 44475 gold pieces                                                [444s]
    Tl: -

Stuff
    Total weight: 1774 stones   Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Armor ('[')
       heap of 14 08/15 clothes [+0, +0]                                 [560s]
    Boots ('[')
       heap of 12 08/15 pairs of leather boots [+0, +0]                  [300s]
    One-handed weapons ('(')
       heap of 13 08/15 short swords (+0, 1d6)                           [390s]
    Rings ('=')
       heap of 7 08/15 rings of the fish                                   [7s]
       heap of 5 08/15 rings of damage                                     [5s]
       heap of 5 08/15 rings of acid resistance                            [5s]
       heap of 3 08/15 rings of defense +1                                 [3s]
       heap of 5 08/15 rings of cold resistance                            [5s]
    Went to the arena, became champion, won all post-championship fights (got easy opponents all the time, though, hardest were a dark elf priestess and werewolf lord).
    Last edited by Pumpernickel; 07-29-2010 at 04:24 PM.

So, generally, you don't have to go to Terinyo - I've just made three dark elf rangers in quick succession just taking off the equipment every generation. Now I have a turn 3 dark elf ranger with 3 elven chain mails in the inventory, 3 light cloaks, 3 pairs of boots, 6 scimitars, 3 loaves of spider bread and perhaps triple the amount of starting money.

EDIT: yes, the money seems to add up. Make some merchants with "Filthy Rich" and have a good time.

Also, this works on Adom Sage.
    yes, actually, and you dont have to chose the same classes, as long as you pick the same gender/race combo for the same name generation. it allows you to boost your startin hero to the limits.. ive tried to abusse this bug creating wizzard and equipping him with everything he needs (that took a lot character creations btw), to complete game in as few turns as posible, like 2000-3000.. and yes, works on sage as well.

How do you set the name for allow_default_names ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    I don't like being superstitious. It gives bad luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    "Today I will show everyone the size of my e-penis by stickying a thread from one year ago that absolutely no one cares about!"
    What happens when a being with godlike power has no concept of limits and unfettered creativity? Anything.
    ?/0

find the line in adom.cfg, or directly type '':='' and set variable ''allow_default_name'' on true.

More can be done. I renamed my character to name adom has given to first created with same gender/race, and this bug still occurs. I have 18 pieces of fresh meat

Fellun's YASD reminded me about this bug and I decided that given my ADOM bugging nature I had to do some more testing on the limits of this bug and I found some interesting results. These tests were done with DOS ADOM.

First, create the race/class you want. It can be any race and any class. This combination will persist through the entire procedure. What this means is when you make a new character using Allow_Default_Names, it doesn't actually ever get made. It just reloads your original PC and adds the items to your inventory.

You can give your PC the name corresponding to the race you want to get items from. This is useful since you may want the orc name to get an everburning torch from an orcish paladin. Then use a gnomish name to make a gnome foo for guaranteed talent points to get heir gifts of your choice. Or use a drakeling name to make drakeling archers for stacks and stacks of scurgari.

Next, you can use this bug at any time. Say you were running along on your totally cheating PC and suddenly the RNG churns up some numbers and uses an acid trap to burn your seven league boots. Just unequip your gear, change your name to one of the defaults, Save, remake a heir bard and suddenly you have a new set of seven league boots. Or it could be used for something as lame as you are starving and you just roll a beastfighter to fill your stomach with melons and apples.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Duplicated fazisi's findings on Linux 1.1.1 with sage, and noticed the following: your @ will be the color of the most recent class you generated until you save and reload, even though your actual class doesn't change. Swanky.

I've tried to get this bug to work. It crashes in Winbeta, and in Sage, the cfg has Allow_Default_Names =true in it, but I can't get it to work.
    I like a dick in my ass. That's what she said!!!1!11shift!+!

Quote Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
    Fellun's YASD reminded me about this bug and I decided that given my ADOM bugging nature I had to do some more testing on the limits of this bug and I found some interesting results. These tests were done with DOS ADOM.

First, create the race/class you want. It can be any race and any class. This combination will persist through the entire procedure. What this means is when you make a new character using Allow_Default_Names, it doesn't actually ever get made. It just reloads your original PC and adds the items to your inventory.

You can give your PC the name corresponding to the race you want to get items from. This is useful since you may want the orc name to get an everburning torch from an orcish paladin. Then use a gnomish name to make a gnome foo for guaranteed talent points to get heir gifts of your choice. Or use a drakeling name to make drakeling archers for stacks and stacks of scurgari.

Next, you can use this bug at any time. Say you were running along on your totally cheating PC and suddenly the RNG churns up some numbers and uses an acid trap to burn your seven league boots. Just unequip your gear, change your name to one of the defaults, Save, remake a heir bard and suddenly you have a new set of seven league boots. Or it could be used for something as lame as you are starving and you just roll a beastfighter to fill your stomach with melons and apples.
    isn't adombot a bit faster?..
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)