Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argh

Default Argh

I guess I should be grateful he didn't give me an ancient Karmic dragon...

But still why not something that shows up fairly regularly like a goblin or an orc. thrudar has me hunting a freaking fire drake. Killing it won't be a problem finding one is the problem. I guess I'm back to cruising up and down the ID maybe Ill get lucky and find an AOLS while I'm at it. I've also acquired thehalitosis corruption how do I fire it?

Fire drakes are common in the ToEF, particularly there are 8 surrounding the big bad Wyrm.

I don't understand your fancy word for the corruption, sorry.

It is used just like drakeling breath.

Another good place would be the first 2 floors of the Tomb of the High Kings cave in the North West corner of the Drakalor Chain. But you need a climbing set to get there and I wouldn't recommend it for weak/low level chars.

The spit attack can be activated with 'm' and choosing the direction to spit. It's a tremendously useful attack.

For a fire drake... I'd play around in the big room for a while. Or just give up on the quest. Killing one in the Tower is far too much risk at low levels.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

TOEf is the first place I tried but not for long I've got intrinsic resistance and one ring of fire resistance but that isn't quite enough. Level 18 isn't quite going to cut it anyway probably.

Well you should be in a position to get the elemental gauntlets and the ring of the high kings, which would give you more than enough resistance. Maybe do those first and see if you still care about Thrundarr's quests after?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Still need climbing gear. RNg isn't being kind in that regard.

Guaranteed ones are in gremlin cave, library (doubt you're there) and pyramid.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

There are a few guaranteed climbing sets in the game which you can use. The only one available to you right now that I can think of would be inside the gremlin cave. The gremlin cave is the dungeon in the very far south west of the map.

The gremlin cave is a frustrating place for the unprepared and downright deadly for the underpowered who try to venture into it. First, it is completely dark. Second, there are water traps everywhere. Third, gremlins and fluff balls (I think of them as dehydrated gremlins) will produce more gremlins when exposed to water. This means that the entire level will become completely infested with gremlins.

However, gremlins also have a magic weakness. The spell Light. Casting Light from books, memory or from a wand will damage gremlins in an area around you, making it much easier to advance as well as lighting the area so you can see where you are going.

If you don't have the spell light, you can use an amulet of light or torch and just hack your way through the cave. This will give you a lot of weapon skills but eventually the gremlins will become so difficult you may become stuck in the cave and die...
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ