Thread: Paralysis Question

Default Paralysis Question

Aside from luck and the appropriate resistance, does anyone know if there are any stat factors that are significant in determining how quickly a PC recovers from paralysis? Uh... same question for sleep, as well, I guess, now that I think about it.

I know the conventional wisdom is that high DV/PV are usually enough, but I've lost a doomed PC with ~50/40 and over 200 HP to a single ghul in Griffyard before...
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

This doesn't answer your question, but I've had characters saved from paralysis by teleportitis. It's not exactly foolproof, but does help if you can survive for a while while paralysed.

according to IGB, there's a fixed length (2d8 for ghuls iirc) for which you are paralized. the thing is, you probably get paralised again and again and again and they keep adding up.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game