Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play "How will the RNG kill my character?"

Teleportation wasn't the problem, your inadequate knowledge about monsters was. Vampires are one of the most badass undead creatures, and they drain like crazy. I still get shivers when I must melee one even when I'm playing the most damaging walking tank of a barbarian.

Gardening (WTF my character is male!)
    Gardening isn't feminine. There are loads of male gardeners in our little world. For that matter, there are also a load of male cooks.

My guess is that you'll die in the Tower from critical hits. Wyrm, elementals, grues, doesn't matter, but you're gonna get crit-mauled there.

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi View Post
    Not to Web. They do shrug them off often, but I have cleared Darkforge with low-level wizards many times thanks to Web.
    Must have been quite tedious, since lightning burns the webs...

vogonpoet: I think you will be killed by an emperor lich whilst grave-digging.

JellySlayer: My death-vote goes to... the ACW. You'll get him injured, possibly whilst disabled, but he'll panick and disappear into the mob, and then energy ray you twice in a row due to high speed.

_Ln_: You know you can 'U'se any item in your backpack without having to equip it? Surely you do this for djinni rings?

Adom: Stone block trap :P Never get your hopes up for an early game bard...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Adom: ambushed by a large jackal pack. You'll be lucky to make it to Terinyo. (The RNG does kill sometimes!)

Would be a pretty shit bard to get killed by animals
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Druids are the most animal proof class in the game, and I've
    gotten them killed by animals before.

I think only acid and fire burn webs. Or was it lightning and fire?
    I think it was acid... I think.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I think lightning do... But maybe acid as well.

On of the best deaths is when you play a bard, you have low Hp and your companion steps into an explosion trap. Happened to me once...
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    _Ln_: You know you can 'U'se any item in your backpack without having to equip it? Surely you do this for djinni rings?
    Man, I was switching my equipment with 1hp and bleeding. And you dare teach me how to play this game?!
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

well, sad thing is that you cannot predict or prevent rng kills, if it is in the bad mood that is, no matter how much you are precatious. i can recall fireball trap or door explosion trap near the banshee, which would melt down your wax ear plugs, or similar instadeath unpredictable efect.

A power outage killed my elementalist

My wizard is doing better than my elementalist was, but I'm still disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
    A power outage killed my elementalist
    This is why I like playing on a plugged in laptop. Not because its common here, its not, but because the battery affords that little bit extra protection.

My elementalist just took down the tower, and is considering the maze. I have magic map spell and of course teleport, so the maze will hopefully be bearable - I never had a PC with the cow axe before, which is a source of great shame to me. Teleportation is allowed in the maze right?