Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Executor or Serpent's bite

Default Executor or Serpent's bite

So, running on a gnomish priest at the moment. Found Serpent's bite in puppy cave 5 from a surge of power (yay!) and used it for most of the time (got rank 7 in daggers) but then in the UD dive I found Executor ?!

Simple question, wich one should I use ? I have axe trained at rank 4 atmso it's not much of a difference between the 2 weapon ranks.

Using both at same time is not really an option, as I don't have 2 weapon combat skill anyways, and I got a nice +13 +5 crystal tower shield . Other info I could give is i'm about to visit TotHK to get the ring, then water temple, then ToEF and so on with probably a darkforge raid in between

Executor beats Serpent's Bite hands down unless you use strategies that revolve around poison.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Oh, executor slays demons too.
    Serpent's bite scores crits.

Executor. Serpent's bite actually doesn't do all that much damage.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

and executor lets you, well, execute enemies. more stylish. espaecially for the priest ;-)
    When in danger, when in doubt, run in circles, scream and shout!

Executor is the fast path, easy power and great power. But it leads to the dark side (=better, but grants +cursed. So a bit more potential for YASD, mabye, especially if you somehow lose +fate and +luck)

Demon slaying means it slays ACW, so that's a given for that fight. And the rest of the game you will conquer with either weapon. Finding both is a bit unlucky, in that you should have saved one for your next game....

Serpent's bite, but only if:

a) you intend on reuniting sting and needle
    b) you give the gladius to Bart in order to receive two weapon combat

then serpent's bite will provide nice dagger skill training for when the twins are together.

But why would you use the twin daggers instead of executor?

[edit]Using a worse weapon so that you're better trained in the endgame seems a little silly to me. It's like saying "I'm going to use this adamantium spear so that I'll be better prepared to use the ToTRR later, rather than using this awesome eternium flail of devastation". You should always use the best weapon you have available. Training doesn't make that much of a difference and you can get a couple levels pretty fast anyway. Ignoring a great weapon that you find in the UD for the 90% of the game? Madness.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 08-19-2010 at 08:50 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

By the way, difference between rank 4 and 7...looks like less than double, or roughly comparable?

Rank 4 requires 145 hits. Rank 7 requires 795. So not that comparable. Anyone gets to level 4-5-6 easy enough. Which is why Jelly's point is very true.
    Last edited by Molach; 08-19-2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Corrected adding error

> going to use this adamantium spear so that I'll be better prepared to use the ToTRR

That's nothing, I remember in my early days when I would
    force myself to use two handed swords and staves (yes
    staves), eagerly anticipating how awesome it would be to
    wield the TotRR with such a high 'two handed weapon's' skill.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."