I wanted to get a low level win without using any companions, so a troll barbarian seemed like the best choice, due to their slow levelling, excellent starting strength and great crowning gifts. I'm sure there's still plenty of room for improvement, but I'm happy with this win. I didn't make notes during my game, so some of the following might be in the wrong order.

I started in the UD (after learning to pick pockets), where I found a great herb level. I picked a lot of stomafilia as well as a fair amount of stat herbs. After that, I levelled up to 6 in the upper CoC to get the literacy quest. Once I had literacy, I could uncurse my herbs. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough of them for a crowning. Not wanting the tediousness of picking more herbs, I instead went east and got the healing and detect trap skills and then cleared the dwarven graveyard. I also found a pair of seven league boots around this time.

After a second herb session, I got crowned with ice immunity and grod. Not quite the fire immunity and vanquisher I got in my previous promising attempt, but still good enough. I did the remaining dwarven quests, except the last one, but wasn't rewarded with blankets. I made my way to the banshee level and back, clearing the water temple in between and getting the teleportitis corruption. Next up was darkforge. I killed the early golems and started drinking from pools. I got doomed four times and went back to clear it each time. I finally got invisibility, so decided to stop. I had also gained paralysis resistance, but no wish.

With no fireproof blankets or rings of ice, I did the tower with an empty inventory. It was quite easy, with the wyrm falling in one hit, although I barely made it up in time when I came back with a wand of digging. Before starting my final dive, I fetched the ring of the high kings and did the pyramid.

The air temple was a bit tricky, because of the background lightning, but I still got the orb without too much trouble and continued down. The earth temple was more difficult, as many creatures there can see invisible. This was the first place in a while where the monsters actually hurt me. At this point, I sort of regretted not farming for spensweed or petal, but figured I had enough healing potions for the rest of the game. IIRC, killing the stone beast got me to level 18, allowing the use of tremendous blows.

The mana temple was tricky, as it usually is for melee characters, due to summon happy chaos wizards. The archmage hurt me quite badly after the tremendous blows, but I was never in danger of dying. I had used up all my potions of extra healing after that battle and only had one ultra left. I wasn't worried, though, as I could get healing from my god if necessary (my only prayer had been a typo). A diamond golem on D48 caused some damage, so I used the water orb for the only time before going down to D50. I decided to dig my way around the baddies there, but had forgotten the level layout and ended up in the chaos mutant rooms. I cleared those and the the two corridors to the levers. The two balors were killed with one hit, but some of the other monsters were more tricky. In the end, I used my healing potion as well as my two spensweeds and 15 petals. I then did the door and monster creation ending and ran away. With no corruption removal (although the flg showed I had found a SoCR on D50), I just left without worrying about my corruption.