Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about mindcrafters

Default Question about mindcrafters

Ok so I'm trying to start a successful mindcrafter, just as a challenge. I've had a drakish one before and got him to level 31, but the game was pretty scummy I wanna try a cleaner game.

Originally I thought a dark elf would be a good choice, considering that I didn't really care about my willpower and toughness scores (I'm figuring once I find a good morgia bush, I'll have those at 26 minimum anyway). Dark elves have magnificent PP regen, plus find weakness which would help with the melee. But damn I can't keep one alive for long at all!

So now I'm trying trolls, but I'm afraid that the level difficulties are going to keep me from accessing some of the more desirable mindcrafting abilities, which is really the only reason worth using that class.

Any suggestions?

Drakeling are best. I am a fan of orc mindcrafters too.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Drake. play as a fighter, use Mindie only in tight spots (and on each level once you get the eyes...)
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Hobbits are probably my favourite choice for crafters. Play mostly as an archer until your abilities develop a bit. Ma/PP is dreadful though. Dwarves aren't half bad either. They're tough enough to get you going early on but aren't quite as horrible in the PP department as orcs or trolls.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Waffles View Post
    Ok so I'm trying to start a successful mindcrafter, just as a challenge. I've had a drakish one before and got him to level 31, but the game was pretty scummy I wanna try a cleaner game.

Originally I thought a dark elf would be a good choice, considering that I didn't really care about my willpower and toughness scores (I'm figuring once I find a good morgia bush, I'll have those at 26 minimum anyway).
    I thought you said you didn't want to scum?!

Dark elves have magnificent PP regen, plus find weakness which would help with the melee. But damn I can't keep one alive for long at all!
    That's what low starting To in the early game will do for ya :P Also, you should be aware that the racial PP regeneration is utterly negligible compared with the regen you get from maxed Concentration.

So now I'm trying trolls, but I'm afraid that the level difficulties are going to keep me from accessing some of the more desirable mindcrafting abilities, which is really the only reason worth using that class.

Any suggestions?
    Yeah, trolls aren't the best choice.

Drakelings are the best choice really - the acid spit is a huge help against things you can't mindcraft. They also start with good enough toughness and strength to make them decent meleers in the early game.

Dwarves are similarly tough, but have no real advantage over drakelings. Uh, do they start with decent armour maybe?

Orc are a bit stronger and tougher, with Find Weakness to boot. I find their low starting Ma to be very prohibitive though, since Mindcrafters can't pump the stat up as easily as spellcasters.

I'd probably recommend gnomes. They have a decent amount of toughness, excellent starting PP, and they level very fast. You still need to be a bit cagey early on - confuse *everything* before trying to melee or shoot them. They'll build up power quickly though.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

My new strategy for mindcrafters:
    Get a mindcrafter with scroll of magic mapping/item detection/ wand of tele. Roll on Dec 31 for lots of booze. Get the teleportation wand and charge it up high. Go to darkforge and tele away from all the enemies until you get to down case, and then hope you find good things. On my first try I found 13 PV black dragon mail, blue dragon mail, knife of endurance, and eternium two-handed sword of devastation. Who said mindcrafters were fragile?
    Also something funny I noticed. While poolsipping with a mindcrafter, you can lose tele control, but still have tele control.
    I like a dick in my ass. That's what she said!!!1!11shift!+!

You can lose poison resistance on level 6+ beastfighter from pools but still have poison resistance.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

you can lose -fire from an elementalist and still not have -fire
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Trolls make fine mindcrafters, because they do get the most important ability at level 1 anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    you can lose -fire from an elementalist and still not have -fire
    I just thought of that but then you came on and had to steal it from me.
    But mindcrafters who start with wand of tele/ magic mapping/ item detection have great early game survival. Probably the best early game survival out of all the classes.
    I like a dick in my ass. That's what she said!!!1!11shift!+!