Thread: paralizing

Default paralizing

Im fed up!!! whats the point in doing everything you possibly can to keep your stats up only to open a shop door and get paralized by 2 mimics who hit you til you die???? I keep getting to level 13/14 then something like this happens. how can you avoid getting paralized?

you could stand outside of the shop and shoot an arrow/throw a rock at the far end up each row. If there's any mimics in there they'll get exposed for what they are. Then you have the advantage of knowing where they are from afar and can deal with them in accordance (run, range, mage, or what have yee)

I just realized I'm like 2 years late in response to this probelm... oh boy

Thumbs up

Better late than never!

I suppose this thread is in the wrong section, since iADOM isn't available yet?

Anyway, in the early game, try to get your PV up as much as you can, apart from your stats. Sturdy PV is the best paralysis "resistance" you can get then. With 15 or more points, your armor will protect you from all non-critical hits from ghuls and mimics while you cannot move.

In shops where the threat is more expected, the suggestion of throwing a rock across the room is a good one. Non-bouncing bolt spells are also viable, as unpaid shop items can't be destroyed. Try not to fumble and hit the shopkeeper, obviously...
    "And light there be!"