Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I tell what intrinsics I have?

Default How can I tell what intrinsics I have?

I accidently attacked a Karmic lizard (currently running away) how can I tell if he cursed/doomed me? (I don't remember if it said anything)

When you attack it, you will get a message "You feel like this was a bad idea" or something to that effect. It happens most of the time, but not always. Beyond that, you can drink a potion of insight or cast the Revelation spell.

If you're doomed, you'll know it very quickly. Cursed... maybe not; its effect is pretty weak.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    When you attack it, you will get a message "You feel like this was a bad idea" or something to that effect. It happens most of the time, but not always. Beyond that, you can drink a potion of insight or cast the Revelation spell.

If you're doomed, you'll know it very quickly. Cursed... maybe not; its effect is pretty weak.
    I remember the you feel like this was a bad idea message >.< my first char past the village dungeon (not counting the one I quit vs saving exit)

"You are fire resistant"
    "You are cursed" >.<
    1/47life regen
    1/38mana regen

To cure cursing, you'll have to offer many things to your god...
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Just for sake of completion, each "You feel as if this was a bad idea!" will do this, in order: Take away Fate Smiles, take away Lucky (both will be present if you start the game on Creator's Birthday, for instance), curse, then doom. If you are nothing, it will curse you. If you have never gained enough piety to get Lucky or Fate Smiles, then two hits mean you're doomed.

The good news for you is: Doomed is about ten times worse than Cursed. Cursed gives a little bad luck - you'll notice it gets somewhat harder to hit monsters than before, but a few more levels of weapon skill and you're pretty happy. The worst effect is that sometimes your prayers don't get through, so don't rely on them in an emergency.

If you're doomed, these effects are that much worse. It's not a death sentence, but you should make getting rid of it your prime effort.

By the way - karmic lizards are good eatin'!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

You can easily survive being Cursed. Just be more cautious than normal when fighting tough monsters or monsters that have special attacks (such as ghul paralyze).
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

The worst part about Doomed is that ghuls become little walking death machines. Doomed would not be half as bad if it weren't for paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogri View Post
    The worst part about Doomed is that ghuls become little walking death machines. Doomed would not be half as bad if it weren't for paralysis.
    Pretty much. I've been killed a couple of times in the Griffyard by a single ghul despite having over 200 HP and 30 PV while doomed. Intrinsic paralysis resistance from a pool is worth more than a wish (not that I can ever get one).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I still have my cursed merchant, I made a new character, started with a potion of wonder and learned 'Wish' I was like woooo! My first wish. Casted it and went to -4xxx hp /youdie

lol