Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I tell what intrinsics I have?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLady View Post
    I still have my cursed merchant, I made a new character, started with a potion of wonder and learned 'Wish' I was like woooo! My first wish. Casted it and went to -4xxx hp /youdie

lol
    Only archmages have interest in casting wish.
    To detail, an archmage is a guy sooooooo overpowered that they have enough hp & mp to cast wish with all their stats to one. Indeed, casting wish reduces a random stat by ten. Which makes it not worth it if you aren't an archmage.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Which makes it not worth it if you aren't an archmage.
    Not quite true.
    If you were really stubborn, and if you were playing a wizard, and if you had drained all the pools you could without success, and if you were absolutely set on doing an Ultra ending, and if you really wanted a wish, then you might consider doing the library, reading the book, boosting your toughness, and casting wish from memory.

That is a lot of ifs though.

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Not quite true.
    If you were really stubborn, and if you were playing a wizard, and if you had drained all the pools you could without success, and if you were absolutely set on doing an Ultra ending, and if you really wanted a wish, then you might consider doing the library, reading the book, boosting your toughness, and casting wish from memory.

That is a lot of ifs though.
    It's probably faster just to restart your game if you're that set on getting an ultra though.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Indeed wish is possibly the most useless spell in the game at least level 30 before casting it isn't an instadeath.