Thread: Awesome Low-Level Finds?

Default Awesome Low-Level Finds?

After a long absence from ADOM, I decided to start a new game. I wanted to try something different, so I made a dark elven assassin. Quickly remembered why I don't usually play assassins when I died on my 5th monster. I decided to go for something a bit easier, made an orc ranger that I was going to have dual-wield axes, and went to the SMC. First thing I see when I enter the cave: Two-handed sword [50s]. I equip it. Eternium Two-Handed Sword of Thunder.

Screw dual-wielding axes.

Anyone else have similar awesome finds at low level? Maybe wands or spellbooks? Artifacts even?

Eternium/adamantium weapons (2-handers and halbers in particular) can be found occasionally in the SMC. I have no idea why.

Spellbooks are easy. All books are DL:1, so you can start/find wish, teleport, acid ball, whatever, in any area.

I played a game recently where I equipped a randomly dropped bronze amulet in some low level area, and was extremely surprised when I was 1) killed by a door trap and 2) revived by my random unIDed AoLS.

I've found bracers of war in the UD before, and have pickpocketed Preserver in the VD. That aside, the things that normally make me happy low level are finding a bloody dagger or an orcish spear of devastation.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.