Thread: The Deadly Bow Throw

Default The Deadly Bow Throw

I did some research and threw together this wiki article. I learned some interesting stuff. Now I wonder if my ability to learn it is based on ignorance. I do know that in the future, if I ever run of arrows, I will start throwing my bows.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Interesting - what about wielding bows as a melee weapon?

Wielding bows does not increase any weapon skill. Interestingly, long bows can corrode. I didn't know that.

For an archer the base cost was 980 EP (IIRC), while for a barbarian it was 1000. Damage seems to be dependant on St. Levelling up seems to affect + to-hit, about an increase of 2 every level. I think the affinity with Bows talent gives +1 to to-hit
    Last edited by Chris; 12-28-2010 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    I did some research and threw together this wiki article. I learned some interesting stuff. Now I wonder if my ability to learn it is based on ignorance. I do know that in the future, if I ever run of arrows, I will start throwing my bows.
    Since you're already testing, what about moloch's armors? They don't get +'s from skill level, but I imagine damage should be nice. And even more useless than throwing bows!

Every item in the game has a set base melee damage and missile damage, and also set modifiers for to hit. You can see these details with a scroll of greater identify (or in houeland's data dump). Moloch armour is base -16 to hit, 3d10+2 damage when thrown. Most stuff is around -1, 1d6. There's nothing surprisingly good out of any of the items.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Wielding bows does not increase any weapon skill. Interestingly, long bows can corrode. I didn't know that.

For an archer the base cost was 980 EP (IIRC), while for a barbarian it was 1000. Damage seems to be dependant on St. Levelling up seems to affect + to-hit, about an increase of 2 every level. I think the affinity with Bows talent gives +1 to to-hit
    The Energy cost is likely affected by weapon skill itself. Archers with a bow should have weapon skill one.

I guess the behaviour of bows, crossbows and slings as melee weapons would fit into the article on weapon skills...
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.