Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Elitist Assassin

Wait a minute, an altar in infinite dungeon? I thought they can't be generated there?
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    Wait a minute, an altar in infinite dungeon? I thought they can't be generated there?
    No, he presumably means that he'll look elsewhere for an altar. At worst, he can get to DT with having found only one artifact and still be able to precrown at the altar there. But there's a decent chance of finding one in the VD/DD, PC, UD, DDL, or D:1-7
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Black Tome of Alsophocus would be the only truly bad precrown, right?

... Oh dear. Thunderstroke. Anyone know how much damage it does in melee?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

If you get an artifact missile, are you allowed to use a mundane launcher (and vice versa)?

Of course not, the character isn't going to touch anything so common and dirty.

Will be funny to see Soirana wielding Thunderstroke in melee One potentially irritating item to get would be Protector, since it ruins barehanded fighting training. Of course it would be simple enough to then push for a crowning to get a decent weapon.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

By the rules, nopesies. So if you get precrowned with Thunderstroke, you better hope you get Farslayer too. I guess this character is actually going to try and get Rolf's Companion; since it returns it probably makes a halfway decent throwing weapon that can actually be trained, contrary to the torc.

With a bit of luck and judicious torc use you should be able to get to below Dwarftown and try and grab Moon Sickle (it can be found as early as D:12 after all). That is, if the precrowns don't work out so hot, or don't give you a melee weapon.

EDIT: With Protector in tow you might be able to win the arena at least. Do monsters commonly pick up the torc?

How much damage do thrown sis deal anyway?

EDIT2: Teleport control, wand of teleportation, wand of digging - How feasible is the Sword of Nonnak?
    Last edited by Silfir; 01-07-2011 at 12:18 AM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

This is cool!
    If your going to be an elitist then it would be easier to get heir? After all that precious dagger would be a heirloom of the family and thus qualifies, at least in my opinion.

Heir vs TH.... Seeing as you're going only artifacts, TH might just win out in the long run, because you're gonna be more item dependent. And I think SI's deal the same dmg as scrolls or books, ie; 1d2, in either melee or missile, with some negative to hit for both. Not sure though. Probably just equip one and see what numbers pop up. Or greater ID.

EDIT: So you'd be better off using fists, I think.
    EDIT2: Yay for MTG! Though, there are so many sets out, that I've lost track of all the new cards popping out like clockwork.
    Last edited by Toan; 01-07-2011 at 01:49 AM.
    Luck is for those who need it.

AKA: ToanDaxland, ToanOfNorune, Pandemonia123

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Of course not, the character isn't going to touch anything so common and dirty.

Will be funny to see Soirana wielding Thunderstroke in melee One potentially irritating item to get would be Protector, since it ruins barehanded fighting training. Of course it would be simple enough to then push for a crowning to get a decent weapon.
    big punch +protector is not so bad
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

does your girl have enough wands/scrolls to kill a certain ogre magi?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."