Thread: I want ye to slay a cave lion to prove yer valor...

Default I want ye to slay a cave lion to prove yer valor...

Seriously Thrundarr? Seriously? At this point I would consider just not doing the quest, but since I just happen to be a barbarian on this playthrough, I desperately need that potion of literacy...

Kill the cave lion. Kitty ring is not worth the effort.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Cat lord is also an interesting experience provider, when you are ready for the mewting. Kill all cats in sight, no regrets! Hunt them packs in the mountains!

In one of my games as wizard I killed plenty of cats since they were just constantly showing up and pissing me off. Once I got to d35, kitty showed up pretty fast and we played a bit. Several acid balls later, he started panicking, got an improved fireball and died, providing me with enough exp to get from lvl 22 to 26. From what I've seen later on the kill list, I killed about 50-60 different fellines - cats, lions, tigers. Still, he was pretty tough. And fast. Really fast, even against my 7LB.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Well, it's easier to kill the Cat Lord as a spellcaster than in melee, but yeah... I just went ahead and killed the cave lion(luckily for me, I found one two levels above Dwarftown, so it wasn't a hard quest). The real kicker is I has just gained intrinsic invisibility from a pool(Along with enough unnatural aging to get myself to Old, but I digress), which makes it easier to avoid cats in general...

then you will enjoy the 4th quest
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."