Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fullscreen Sage in Windows 7

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbreath View Post
    Okay, several hours later, downloaded windows professional, downloaded XP mode, got it running, installed adom sage and sage.lnk...

alt enter

"the video device failed to initialize for fullscreen mode"

*throws computer out window*

I'm off to go shoot myself or something now.

CheatMan: could you please tell me how you got around this? It'd make me very very happy.
    I'm not using Windows 7, so i had to use the VirtualPC 2007 option instead... i never got that problem myself...

maybe they took 640x480 from vpc xp mode, try downloading vpc2007 and manually installing a true winXP on the virtual machine instead of the pre-installed xp from vpc xp mode

Why not change the text size used to VERY VERY LARGE so that it pretty much fills up the screen?

And seriously, give up on the mining - not worth the time. Herbs are great, but smithing is a boring pointless chore.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Why not change the text size used to VERY VERY LARGE so that it pretty much fills up the screen?
    That...

Actually works. O_O

Don't know why it never occurred to me. Thanks!

And seriously, give up on the mining - not worth the time. Herbs are great, but smithing is a boring pointless chore.
    Yes, but with macros it becomes an easy task. If I miss the 90 day limit, then I try and do as much as possible to beef up my character, since time is no longer an issue. Spending 2-4 hours mining and smithing to get maybe 40 PV points can be infuriating. Spending 10 minutes total writing macros and then mining out 10 levels of the ID, and smithing can make it more fun. Again, I only do this if I'm playing a non magical character. They need all the help they can get.

I've been enjoying the US server. It still has latency issues (I'm in Hawaii and about 3000 miles from anywhere), but it's not nearly as bad as the one in Finland. The stat roller is pretty nice, and I don't really see it as scumming, since I'd just spend loads of time rolling a character with desirable stats anyway. There aren't any plans for an Australian server, are there? I'm moving there in a few months.
    Last edited by Dogbreath; 01-27-2011 at 02:04 AM.