Thread: Stupid gods...

Default Stupid gods...

Maybe not technically a death, but anyway...

I had a Hurthling Wizard who was going pretty well, nothing special I guess but I was enjoying myself.
    I had sacrificed plenty of cooked food to the point that I'd been at Very Close for a while, and decided I may as well gun for a precrown. I dived through the CoC down to Dwarftown to dump my current food on the altar before returning up to carry more (despite being Strained nearly all game, my carrying capacity was still pitiful.. I guess books are heavy.)

Being a little rusty, though, I wasn't entirely clear on some mobs alignment status. Know Alignment helped me avoid a few mistakes, but apparently I still messed up one too many times...

Code:
    "*YOU DARE TO SACRIFICE ONE OF MY CREATURES?* *DEFILER*"
    You sense two deities battling for supremacy.
    <Chaotic God> wins!
    The altar suddenly shines with a black glow!
    You suddenly hear a thundering voice. 
    *I* hereby punish thee, puny mortal! Your equipment turns to dust.
    Of course, the Dwarven priest wasn't too happy either. Killed him, because by that stage I'd lost interest >< and then quit.

Moral: be more careful when playing with altars, and keep the GB open to check monster alignments. -.-
    Wins:
    Creator, level 33 Drakish Beastfighter.

Yeah go figure, I sacced too many neutral monsters on neutral altar, that it got converted to C. So I thought, hey I just step on it and reconvert it back to N. Right then, "you hear a goblin rockthrower screaming a prayer to his gods!" or whatever that message is. I didn't even see him. He wasn't invis, but I have to admit, I was quite low on Pe, so maybe he had me in his LOS while I didn't see him. Anyway that was one of the... more unexpected deaths. Still, I second that: keep GB open to check alignment before sacrificing monsters.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."