Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: The Ladder of cHaOs General Discussion

Jellyslayer: in the "The cHaOs League Challenge Thread" thread, you accidentally mistyped that if you challange a higher ranked player, they do not need to accept the challange:

Remember that:
    -You may only challenge players that are not currently involved in a match. Check the spreadsheet if you aren't sure.
    -If you challenge a higher ranked player, they do not need to accept your challenge. Your savegame will be created immediately.
    -If you challenge a lower ranked player, they must accept your challenge. Your savegame will be created when they accept. If, in the interim, another player challenges you or your opponent, the first challenge will take priority.

What is written there is correct. Higher ranks cannot refuse lower ranks but lower ranks can refuse higher ranks.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Yes. And the exact opposite is written there.

Congrats Guru you win!

You have no idea how close I was. I was on I14 I think it was and I died less then 20 turns from finishing my round heh. Damn werewolf lord had me trapped after running away from a quickling lord.

It is worded strangely. Instead of discussing it in terms of accepting, look at it in terms of their ability to decline the challenge.

-If you challenge a higher ranked player, they may not decline your challenge. Your savegame will be created immediately.
    -If you challenge a lower ranked player, they may decline your challenge. Your savegame will be created when they accept. If, in the interim, another player challenges you or your opponent, the first challenge will take priority.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

He's saying that for a higher ranked player, they do not need to accept your challenge because it is accepted automatically and that the lower ranked "must accept" a higher rank challenge meaning they must choose whether or not to accept it for a new char to be created.

"The higher ranked player cannot refuse a challenge". Done.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

> they do not need to accept your challenge.

reads as:

"are not required to"

unless you read the next sentence and do a bit of interpretation
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I think it would be handy if the spreadsheet would have a turn marker, so that you can quickly check if it is your turn yet without scrolling threads.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Updated spreadsheet with Guru over Deg. [edit]And Albahan over gekko. [edit]And Ln over gut
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-19-2011 at 03:24 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.