Thread: On Monks and Mining

Default On Monks and Mining

Recently i've been playing Gnomish Monks and got a question for the masses

Does Mining do anything to Monk wallkicking? (making walls collapse faster, more ore dropping)

No it does not. Wall-kicking speed depends only from lvl. The advantages of gnomish monks are faster lvl-ing and Gemology skill =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    This is a gameplay challenge, not an exercise in tedium.

Quote Originally Posted by littlebrather View Post
    No it does not. Wall-kicking speed depends only from lvl. The advantages of gnomish monks are faster lvl-ing and Gemology skill =)
    Wall kicking depends heavily on St and, IIRC, also benefits from Strong Legs talent. I'll have see if I can dig up the post that discussed it.

[edit]Strong legs only affects doors, apparently.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 03-15-2011 at 04:42 AM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Wall kicking depends heavily on St and, IIRC, also benefits from Strong Legs talent. I'll have see if I can dig up the post that discussed it.
    I tested it, here are the results: thread
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

On a side note, gnomes having mining skill means you might actually be faster with a pickaxe in some circumstances. Less keypresses too, ~zero breaking chance with blessed axe at skill level 100, and with added bonus of granting occational stone giants which are lightly killed, and then sealed in a succulent Swiss quintuple smooth treble cream milk chocolate envelope and lovingly frosted with glucose, and eaten for the +ST. And at level 13 you magically get access to a pickaxe too.

-M