Page 67 of 72 FirstFirst ... 1757636465666768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: The cHaOs League Game Report Thread

I had to rename the char so that my name is not mistaken for some pitiful mathematical function.

Had to kick all walls to find a hidden door, but managed it in the end (at turn 400).
    Explored the rest of the level, killed some stuff and accidentally bumped into a karmic lizard (sunny weather and dusty screen = bad). So we're cursed now.

Found a metal cap, it's cursed +1PV. Later found orcish helmet, it's probably better, but we can't switch.

Descended, killed anything on the level, replenished lost HP, descended on turn 999.

No new messages on the level. There's a cave lizard, it's hostile.

Please stop equipping boots, I can see through this dirty trick

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#######
                         #.....l.
                         #.@...#
                         #.....#
                         #######

VogonLemon    St:16  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To:18  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma: 9  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 37/9    H: 113(113)    P: 24(24)      Exp: 10/18449      I11   M: 5000
    Satiated Strained Coward
    Attached Files Attached Files

I always forget not to boot my hobbits. Nor are we desperately short of Dx, but whatever.

Turn 5021: hear a distant wind. Oh dear. I see we are strained again. WTF? Oh yeah, the rations.Don't know about you _Ln_ (sure looks like a function to me ), but I have been stashing our non perishable food on the ground most of the time. I do so again, much better.

Turn 5121: Find stairs in dark room, continue to explore level.

Turn 5264: Uh oh, its an ice vortex. Takes down to 71 HP. Could be worse.

Turn 5406: Whoa, find an open room full of chaos plague bearers - screw that, will search for some kicks elsewhere.

Turn 5469: Down to I12. Eat a spider corpse, sense a certain tension. Huh, what is it with these already open sans front door tension rooms? Second in a row, this time full of barbarian leaders. Will take them on in ancient art of boxing.

Turn 5607: Level 11. Archery, First Aid, Swimming, Archery. Bastards dont like boxing and prefer to shoot us.

Turn 5759: Son of a bitch. The barb leader critically hits us, and destroys our gauntlets. Grr.

Turn 5900: Huh, some of these barb leaders are critting us pretty bad, time to retreat for a while.

Turn 6041: Shit, I am really lame at this healing up business - gone way over turn limit again. Sorry.

So, we have loads of cooked food, a pile of food next to the up stairs, an empty corridor, the down stairs, and the room where all the barbarian leaders are. Also, I heard a door opening, so the barb leaders are probably in the down stairs room now - there should be only two or three left, but they kept shooting those arrows, and took me down to 7HP, so you will want to be careful finishing them off - I was hoping to milk them for more arrows, but seems like a dangerous passtime. Good luck

Code:

#######
               #...@.#
             ###%<...# #######
             #.+.....# #..Barb.
       #######.####### #..lead.
       #.......#       #.......#
     ###+#######       #.......#
     #.........#       #......./
     #...>....[# #######.######
     #.........# #...../.#
     #.........###.#######
     #.........+...#
       #############

VogonLemon    St:17  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To:18  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma: 9  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 40/8    H: 14(127)     P: 25(25)      Exp: 11/25082      I12   M: 6041
    Burdened Coward

Unarmed fighting         5    +3    +2   +1   skilled              26

Thrown rocks & clubs     6   +12    +9   +2   skilled              56

Missile weapons ('}')
       sling                                                               [3s]
       broken long bow                                                    [30s]
       short bow                                                          [20s]
       short bow                                                          [20s]
       long bow                                                           [30s]
    Missiles ('*')
       heap of 3 rocks (+0, 1d4)                                          [15s]
       heap of 5 rocks (+0, 1d4+3)                                        [25s]
       arrow                                                               [2s]
       bundle of 14 arrows                                                [28s]
       bundle of 37 arrows                                                [74s]
       bundle of 19 arrows                                                [38s]
       bundle of 2 arrows                                                  [4s]

Wands ('\')
       bronze wand                                                         [3s]
    Potions ('!')
       heap of 2 watery potions                                            [8s]
    Scrolls ('?')
       heap of 3 scrolls labeled "MANNANNANMACLIR"                         [6s]
       scroll labeled "mead ni najap"                                      [2s]

22 barbarian leaders
    Actually, we don't really need to milk that many more arrows I guess 8-)

Damn, cursed status sucks. 14 hp is low, so I prayed - unheard. I try again - still nothing. Stupid deity and stupid karmic lizard. Oh well, will have to do with it.

w5 a bit, but a barb leader wanders in. I stood near him and throw rocks on defensive tactics. That's right, run, barbarian pussy!

Picked up rations, dropped our rotting food. We're burdened, but it'll do.

Stood on the stairs, w5 a bit to have about 30 hp. There's a tension room somewhere, so I guess the 1st one was threat room. Started exploring, but see a berserker lord - not good with 40 hp on coward in a corridor. Descended.

There was a green ooze, berserked him. Thankfully we're not a elementalist, so poison resistance is real.

Checked other parts of the level, trained bows on a caveman. We should stick to them, I guess, since rocks ammunition is really low.

I found another steel amulet, so if it's actually life saving, this will be hilarious.

I still haven't descended. A dark room is to the left. I killed 2 dire wolves near it, so it can well be a werewolf somewhere. There's also a light trap, since I heard 2 ZAPs near the end of the turn.

P.S. Good thing we're going fast, because I can be busy in the weekend.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#######
                                       #.....#
                                       #..<..########### ###################
                                       #....././.......# #........./.......#
                 ##################### #########.......# #.#####.###.......#
                 /.@...../......./...#         #.......# #.#   #.# #.......#
                ##########.......###.###########.......###.#####.# #.......#
                         #.......# #.........../...........#.....# #.......#
           #########     ######### #########################.##### #.......#
           #.......#                                       #.#     #.......#
           #.......#########################################.##### #########
           #....................................$................#
           #.......#############################################.###########
           #.......#                                           #...#.......#
           #.......#                                           ###.#.....>.#
           #.......#                                             #./......(#
           #########                                             ###########

VogonLemon    St:17  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To:18  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma: 9  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 40/8    H: 78(127)     P: 25(25)      Exp: 11/26761      I13   M: 7000
    Burdened Coward

Yeah, the cursing is certainly going to speed things up somewhat. Just as well really - without the cursing we would be pretty damn hardcore, and struggle to get into trouble.

Turn 7000: Lets do this.

Turn 7057: Ha ha, plural werewolves coming out of the dark room - probably a lord someplace...

Turn 7206: Kill some more werewolves, and yes indeed, here is the lord. Our bow takes it to slightly injured, our fists to moderately, and ouch, yes it can hit us hard on those crits. Ouch. Time to run away and head down to I14.

Turn 7593: On I14, we have a lot of HP to recover agian. We have loads of food, so I shall just go ahead and chill out.

I regen our HP back up to 87, which is kinda where they were 1000 turns ago. Not a very productive round.

Code:

#########
     #.......+
     #....<.@#
     #.......#
     #########

VogonLemon    St:18  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To:18  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma: 9  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 45/8    H: 87(128)     P: 25(25)      Exp: 11/27691      I14   M: 8000
    Coward

4 werewolves
          0 werewolf lords, cos it was kicking our ass.
    The good news: No strange messages genned on the level so far.

I replenished some hitpoints, danced with a dark orc and several other guys to train arrows. Spent too much turns...

I found a threat room of wraiths that was between me and exit whilst very low on turns to descend and decided that nerfing the guy is not a good idea - so I only half missiled them and half berserked. As a result, we are now tough as an elf - 9To. Enjoy.

That was pretty much what I was doing the whole turn. For some reason our Ma went up 1 point and I found a spellbook! Yay! Magic!

We have now a wand of door creation.

Also hit level 12 - we are stun resistant. Athletics, Dodge, Archery, First Aid.
    Code:
                                     Screenshot

#######
     #.....#
     #...@.#
     #..(../.#
     #######.#
             #

VogonLemon    St:18  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To: 9  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma:10  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 46/8    H: 98(98)      P: 27(27)      Exp: 12/33769      I15   M: 9000
    Burdened Coward

Well you certainly screwed our PC again. Nice job. Revenge is sweet when I meet some more undead - now were are weaker and even more feeble, ha ha.

Certain tension - gnolls. Lets see if our cursed beastie can beat these guys up... sure no wucking forries. We would have an awesome axe collection, if we were any other class. Oh well.

Turn 9476: Descend to I16 to cook our gnolls. We sense a certain tension.

Code:

############
                       #...........#
                       #...........###
                       #.........../..
                       #...........#                                   #########
                       #.@......$..#                                   #.......#
                       #...........#############                       #.......#
                       #..........././.........#                       #.......#
                       #.#############...>.....#########################....<..#
                       ..            #........./...............................#
                        #            ###########################################

VogonLemon    St:16  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:23  To: 7  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma:10  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 19/8    H: 81(85)      P: 27(27)      Exp: 12/37799      I16   M: 10000
    Strained!

He survived for 0 years, 4 days, 15 hours, 9 minutes and 28 seconds (10000
    turns).
    VogonLemon visited 2 places.
    His strength score was modified by +2 during his career.
    His learning score was modified by -1 during his career.
    His willpower score was modified by +1 during his career.
    His dexterity score was modified by +1 during his career.
    His toughness score was modified by -11 during his career.
    His charisma score was modified by +1 during his career.
    His appearance score was modified by +2 during his career.
    His mana score was modified by +3 during his career.
    His perception score was modified by -1 during his career.
    So, we have loads of food, some more rocks, a certain tension on the level, and just picked up a large ration to get some exercise - who knows, maybe we can get back a point of St .

I suppose we are lugging our book around in the hope of a wizard corpse? Or perhaps for sheer bloody mindedness? This was another not very adventurous turn We are alive though, so its all good.

We did get that St point after I unequipped the girdle of strength to get to 15 value.

I went to explore a bit, found an acid trap. Got naked, mutilated myself to get rid of the metal cap. Then I found out that someone with a talent for poetry dropped an orcish helmet somewhere. Looks like pointless loss of 1PV point. Whoops!

Anyway, I recovered lost HP, descended. Started exploring the next level, but heard a vortex and got the hell out of there.. to meet a lightning lizard right near the stairs. Shit. And it's accompanied by an ogre lord. Double shit.

I carefully maneuver between them to minimize lightning damage in case of rebounds. But our Dx holds and we actually weren't hit once. I managed to get the lizard and an ogre behind the door and even locked it. The door still holds. The trap in that room is water one.

And then there's a river there. Well, we got swimming at least. I swim a bit, but don't open any doors since there's a tension room somewhere.

Ditched the book and sandals. Found yet another water potion. Almost all our scrolls got drenched while we were taking a bath in a river.

Remembered about a boomerang I found in my next round - sorry for not mentioning it. I haven't tried it too but guess we should do it - maybe it's slaying.
    I found dexterity gloves, so we have 25Dx now.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

###################       #==
                   #.........../.....#       #====
       #############.#.........#####.#####   #=====#
       #.....lizard+.#.........#   #.....#   #=====#
       #.<..ogre...###.........#   #####.#####=====#
       #.....^.lord# #.........#       #......=====#
       ############# #########################=====###########
                         #....................=====.....(/...+
             #############.####################=====.....#####
             #........./...#                  ##=====..@.#
     #########.#.......#########              #=====.....#
     #...../...#...............#              #=====.....#
     #.....#####.......#######.#               =====######
     #.....#   #.......#     #.#
     #######   #########     #.###
                             #...+
                             #####

VogonLemon    St:16  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:25  To: 7  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma:10  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 46/7    H: 72(85)      P: 27(27)      Exp: 12/38591      I18   M: 11000
    Strained Coward

Strained again huh?

Turn 11071: find stairs early, take them down to I19 to avoid swimming into a tension room.

Damn, some crap lesser daemon gets a bunch of crits on us, we lose HP so easily as cursed dudes.

Turn 11559: Huh, some monster took all our iron and large rations. Nevermind, we aren't likely to starve. I descend to I20, as I didn't feel like taking on a baby black dragon on 35 HP... We hear the sound of running water.

Turn 11809: find a river, but heh, as you say, we have swimming.

Up to turn 12000: A wizard summons some food for us, but doesn't leave a corpse. I kill goblins and firebeetles until we run out of turns.

Code:

##############                                            ##############
         ....gi@........                                           #...../.......#
         ...g#####.####                                      #######.#####..<....#
          ..     #.#                        ====             #.......#   #.......#
          .      #.#####                   =====##         ###.#######   ########
                 #.....#                   #=====#         #...#
                 #####.###           #######=====#       ###.###
                 #.......#           #......=====##      #...#
                 #.#####.#####     ###.......>====########.###
                       #.....#     #./......[.=.===........#
                       #####.#######.#########=====#########
                           #.........#       ##=====#
                           #######.###########=====##
                                 #.............=====
                                 #############=====#

VogonLemon    St:16  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:25  To: 7  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma:10  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 24/7    H: 80(85)      P: 27(27)      Exp: 12/42348      I20   M: 12000
    Bloated

Unarmed fighting         6    +3    +2   +2   skilled              10

Bows                     5   +10    +7   +1   skilled              73
    Thrown rocks & clubs     6   +12    +9   +2   skilled              37
    Boomerangs & scurgari    0    +0    +0   +0   unskilled            6

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                      Inventory
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Total weight: 1185 stones                Carrying capacity: 1650 stones

Head          : hat [+0, +0]                                           [4s]
    Neck          : rusty steel amulet                                     [3s]
    Body          : leather armor [+0, +5]                               [150s]
    Girdle        : -
    Cloak         : hooded cloak [+1, +0]                                 [40s]
    Right Hand    : -
    Left Hand     : -
    Right Ring    : cursed silver ring                                     [1s]
    Left Ring     : -
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : gloves of dexterity [+0, +0] {Dx+2}                    [6s]
    Boots         : -
    Missile weapon: long bow (+0, +2)                                     [30s]
    Missiles      : bundle of 10 arrows (+0, 1d6+3)                       [20s]
    Tool          : cooking set                                          [100s]

rusty bronze wand                                                   [3s]
       twisted wand                                                        [3s]
       glass wand                                                          [3s]
       silver wand                                                         [4s]

heap of 5 watery potions                                           [20s]
       orange potion                                                       [4s]
       gray potion                                                         [4s]

scroll labeled "mead ni najap"                                      [2s]
       scroll labeled "KTTdLwrgt"                                          [2s]
    Food ('%')
       heap of 4 pieces of fresh meat                                     [80s]
       piece of fresh meat                                                [20s]
       heap of 4 melons                                                   [80s]
       loaf of hurthling bread                                            [30s]
       heap of 4 bones                                                    [16s]
       dwarven sausage                                                    [20s]
       fortune cookie                                                      [3s]
       loaf of hurthling bread                                            [30s]
       bit of candy                                                        [2s]
       cooked big dog corpse                                              [57s]
       cooked lizard man corpse                                          [114s]
    Gems ('*')
       blue gem                                                            [1s]
    We have some wands, some useless scross, and good ammo, although the boomerang is pretty average.

Oh, and the goblins are rockthrowers, so you could milk a few of them for even more ammo if you feel like it.

Milked the goblins for lots of rocks. In the end - 29 different stacks of 1-2-3 rocks and 1 stack of 1d4. Bloody HELL!

And then I accidentally ate something and got to Bloated. Had to w5 on the stairs for 500 turns

Descended, kicked a door, which exploded taking our long bow and a hat! Damn it, I loved that hat.
    There's a river on the level and staircase is located.

Sorry for such a crappy and cowardly turn, I got carried away a bit with resting.

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#######
                                                                  #=.===.##
                                                                  =========
                                                                 ===========
                                                                     #/#
                                                                     #.#
                                                                     #.#
                                                                     #.#
                         #############################################.#######
                         s....@..............................................#
                         #############################################.#.....#
                                                                     #.#.....#
                                 #####################################.#.....#
                                 #...../.......]...../....[/. .  /.....#.....#
                                 #.<...#########..>..#######. .  ############
                                 #.....#       #.....#     # . . #
                                 #######       #######     #######

VogonLemon    St:17  Le:15  Wi:10  Dx:25  To: 7  Ch: 9  Ap:11  Ma:10  Pe:11 L
    DV/PV: 48/7    H: 73(85)      P: 27(27)      Exp: 12/43994      I21   M: 13000
    Satiated Coward

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#######
                                                                         #.....#
                                                                         #...@.#
                                                                         +.....#
                                                                         #######

Match73       St:17  Le:17  Wi:14  Dx:19  To:18  Ch:14  Ap:15  Ma:20  Pe:19 N+
    DV/PV: 24/6    H: 107(107)    P: 110(110)    Exp: 11/48843      I33   M: 14000

W
                                     Screenshot

#.#
                 ===...#
                  =======
                   ======
         ######### #======
         #       # #.#
         #    @  ###.#
         #       /...#
         #############

Match73       St:17  Le:17  Wi:17  Dx:19  To:18  Ch:14  Ap:15  Ma:20  Pe:19 N+
    DV/PV: 37/8    H: 99(108)     P: 110(110)    Exp: 11/45079      I30   M: 13185
    Coward

T
                                     Screenshot

###########
                                               #.........#
                                             ###....<....#
                                             #./.........#
                          =###################.###########
                          =====@...............#
                          ========##############
                           ==========
                           ####======
                              .../===
                              ...##

DV/PV: 39/6    H: 95(107)     P: 110(110)    Exp: 11/46753      I31   M: 13655
    Coward

F!
                                     Screenshot

#######
     #.....#
     #...@.#
     #....=====
     =========
     ========#
      ====###

DV/PV: 24/6    H: 107(107)    P: 110(110)    Exp: 11/48843      I32   M: 13897

River madness..anyway:

13006- ack! That key was a bitch..acid ball trap on door, wow. no serious damage
    13112- distant wind again and again
    13147- staircase found. No visible access to the eastern part of the level, no vortex encountered
    13161- descend
    13163- straight in a dark room, i hear tension..
    13165- oh, my..welcome to the thirties! I hear a dornish 'Hurumph'!
    13177- HA! Deep water!! Right after upstairs room..apply river rule and say goodbye to that.
    13185- way up to regen
    13231- found parchment tome..didn't manage to read it
    13332- got some rocks
    13478- bronze bracers..dunno wether they're worth trying
    13512- freaking damned stupidly bloody trapped doors..boots, cap, amulet, 2 water, invis potion and (of course) the new found parchment tome are destroyed..forgot anything? Oh, 50 or so hp
    13550- ach! ghost lords pops out and do what ghosts do
    13604- descend, distant wind. close door and pick up new boots, an amulet and a writing set
    13628- head up to meet vortex. hear rushing water
    13655- looks like i won't face that thing..blocked by river again, re-regenerating. This is the
    second time i re-regenerate, two times in the whole tournament, both with this character..
    13773- ate a troll chief
    13896- descend
    13897- man, this thing is starting to stress me out..river again, rereregenerate ! !
    13911- trap in stairs room teleports me in the middle of the level..trying to find downstairs in time
    13983- wait a few turns on downstairs, descend and wait
    14000- save