Thread: Crash Recovery

Default Crash Recovery

So, when the game crashes and you lose your really nice Drakeling Fighter (or whatever), the save file is gone... but all the tmpdat is still there. I don't suppose there's any way to trick the game into making a save file out of them?

Sorry, there is no known way to recover a character after a crash. You can play on one of the servers, because those will have some crash recovery mechanisms. Or back up your games as you go along. Or just put up with it and curse when it happens.

You will need to delete the adom.prc file in your adom directory for the game to work again. It's a temporary file that basically just checks to see if another version of adom is open, but will get left behind if your game closes unexpectedly.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

No that's not possible.

I suggest you use a wrapper script that auto-backups your savegame everytime you load.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You will need to delete the adom.prc file in your adom directory for the game to work again. It's a temporary file that basically just checks to see if another version of adom is open, but will get left behind if your game closes unexpectedly.
    Yeah, I figured that out when I tried to exit the game straight away when I got a shit random character. It's not easy to close the window in the winbeta version! Ended the process eventually then it wouldn't work, decided that I may as well just enter the game and shift-q out.