Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th Challenge - May 2011

Oh, well, managed to read IBM manual [and without means to pray i guess outcome is clear].

would not ever believed char can have two of these early on... Well, RNG still shines.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

that is hilarious

but don't most priests start with holy symbol
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    that is hilarious

but don't most priests start with holy symbol
    Sold it in black market.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!

good strategy. 15g is definitely more valuable than infinite piety
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Doesn't IBM guild manual always have the same text? irk glew something?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    no idea, but will need to check once i get to my collection of saves.

I'm dead. Didn't make it that far, either. Very disappointing.

Doom self. Most of my scrolls are junk, although I do have a bunch of ID scrolls. Grab food from Munxip and take healing quest. I'm tempted to visit Bandit town and see if I can do some shopping/get kill Jharod quest, but it's pretty risky. I don't have any darkness scrolls, which is a bit vexing.

Visit bandit town. Nothing too dangerous nearby so I make for the store. I've got 1000 gold, so maybe I can get something useful. Kill a bandit. Sell most of my extra scroll plus a ring of the fish so that I can buy studded armor and a wooden shield.

Flee outlaws in wilderness ambush and arrive at VD:1. Advance to level 2. Advance to level 3.

Pinned between large bat and goblin. Miss 3-4 times with thrown gold and die.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#########               ################# #######
                   #.......#               #.../...../.....# #.....#
                   #.......#         #######g###...>.#####.###.<...#
                   #.......#         #....B@.# #.....#   #.........#
       ########### #.......#       ###.####### #######   ########### ###########
       #.........# #.......#       #...#                             #.........#
       #.........###.......#########.###########################     #.........#
       #........./.........+...................................#     #.........#
       #.........#############################################.###   #.........#
       #.........#                                           #...#   #.........#
       ###########                       #########   ###########.#####.........#
                                         #.......#   #.............../.........#
                                         #.......#####.#########################
                                         +......./.....#
                                         #.......#######
                                         #.......#
                                         #########

Dislucky      St:13  Le:19  Wi:15  Dx:23  To: 9  Ch:12  Ap:16  Ma:13  Pe:18 L
    DV/PV: 30/4    H: 0(28)       P: 7(7)        Exp: 3/538         VD: 1 Sp: 100
    Burdened Coward
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Hrm, I'm too late to get a true char on the server, but I'll reset my local clock for this one...

Unicorn-born, falling star male human weaponsmith. Stats are pretty mediocre. Let's see how long this lasts...

Code:
    Jones         St:18  Le:12  Wi:14  Dx:15  To:16  Ch:13  Ap:14  Ma:12  Pe:15 N=
    DV/PV: 10/3    H: 24(24)      P: 8(8)        Exp: 1/0           DrCh  Sp: 100
    Edit: Not fecking long! Got killed by a bandit in Lawenthilwhatsits. Didn't notice that my prayer failed. Never managed to kill a thing
    Last edited by Grey; 05-16-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    not more than djinni rings are always ordinary and 7LB are alwas worn.

"irk glew..." is default name and rather common but not always the case. I still think elimanting it by the way if i have few of these it is not likely to be IBM nonsense is valid strategy. I think rarity wise these are clsoe to amulets of hunger.

Using my work-PC - and I am not, appearently, trustworthy enough to be able to set my system clock. So I had to start playing today instead.

17. may is somewhat special here in norway, anyhow.

Solved problem by entering wilderness and dooming myself as my first act.

Drakeling mindcrafter - let's see how long I can live.

I may try to lift dooming and apply cursing, if I can figure out how to do that reliably.