Thread: Surge of power! yay NOT..

Default Surge of power! yay NOT..

Surges of Power are rare right? last 2 weeks and 4 lucky adventurers have gotten one,
    priest, archer and two monks.. But the RNG has decided to piss in my face and give me
    the Jet-Black Glaive 4 times in a row..I mean come on!!

And Ive also gotten in the last week an AOLS with two of my monk candidates as their first neck wear,
    put it on, and died horribly the next level, resurrected and died even more horribly the next level..

Has anyone ever thought that the RNG might be a precursor to Skynet..
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

Artifacts have danger levels just like other items. If you hit these surges in very low DL areas (PC, DD, UD), then you're pretty much going to end up with Long Sting, Black Tome, scorched spear, rune covered sling. There might be one or two other very low DL ones... don't recall. So it's a bit of bad luck hitting the same one four times running, but the odds of getting something good from a low DL surge is piss-poor anyway.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

The surges happened in UD, VD and low levels of CoC.. Ok so next time I wont have so high hopes
    My very first surge gave BoW just under dwarftown, it was actually the first time I had gotten that far.
    Gnome Wizardx2, GE Barbarian, HE Archer, Gnome Beastfighter, DE Barbarian.
    PreReleases: ME Wizard, Hurt Archer, Gnome Wizard, Ratling Beastie, DE Monk, Ratling Archer

You died with an AoLS on a level - then proceeded to the next, more difficult level? Two deaths in a row sounds more like overconfidence and/or underpreparedness than RNG.

If you are underprepared or -equipped to be somewhere, it would take (literally) 25 AoLSs to get past it.

A bit like a flimsy cheerleader with regenerative powers - she may not die, but sure as heck won't defeat the forces of darkness either...unless by (their) old age.