Thread: Crash Woes

Default Crash Woes

So tonight marks the second crash of a very promising character, here's the stories:

PC #1
    William Wallace, the Dragon born Human Barbarian. Found 2!! AoLS's one was destroyed while he was wearing it and the second was luckily given to Khelly before it could be destroyed. This guy was amazing, he had a sword of sharpness and some type of badass shield and he was cutting everything he came across up. He had already done all the early game shit including all of the dwarf's quests except the last and was getting ready to tackle the Fire Temple, he was pretty set but for some damn reason when he went to pick something up off the ground after killing some mob the game crashes and I bash my head into the wall. This was about 4 days ago.

PC #2

Cup born Grey Elven Archer with the Long Lost Brother message. Things were going quite swimmingly, he had tp control, a wand of tp, potions and scrolls out the ass and was having no problems at all. He was on his way to getting a lawful crowning, attempting to collect just a few more stomafilla after having completed all of the dwarf's quests and Khelly had yet to be spoken to when he goes to pick an item off the ground and it's all over once again. I felt like driving my fists through my laptop and also wanted to cry. Luckily for this one I made a backup.. but that was literally before I took a single step.

O woe is me. I can't even remember the last time I had a crash and definitely wasn't expecting these so close in succession. I'm now going to backup an excessive amount of times and I probably won't even see another crash for at least a month, just when I think I'm safe it'll get me.

Play on the server - it makes automatic back-ups! I feel your woe though, especially with such promising chars
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I really should start doing that. For some reason I always forget that it exists.