Thread: Creator's Day 2011: JADE Release Celebratory Challenge

Default Creator's Day 2011: JADE Release Celebratory Challenge

Signs point to JADE 0.1.0 being released on July 2nd, that is: Creator's Day! What better time to hold a character contest?

- Create character on July 2nd - Creator's Day! But you can save the character afterwards and go back to playing JADE.
    - Allowed class is Fighter. Allowed races are Dwarf and Human.
    - Super victory: Use only items also available in JADE 0.1.0 (except chaos orbs)! I'm not sure if there's a list, but you can get on the safe side and play some JADE first to find out! It's unlikely you can win this (unless your name is Soirana), but post how far you've gotten anyway!
    - Super extra victory: Use only items and kill only monsters available in JADE 0.1.0!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    - Super extra victory: Use only items and kill only monsters available in JADE 0.1.0!
    Aww, where am I going to find goblin scavengers and orcish brutes? :-( Or maybe I have to just kill children an goodwives in Terinyo :-P

Browsing the Javadoc provides some lists:
    List of monsters in JADE 0.0.7
    List of items
    Last edited by Laukku; 06-29-2011 at 01:57 PM. Reason: fixed links
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

I already thought about that a bit, and I'd say we can allow basic goblins and orcs as a replacement at least I guess a light version of the challenge is thinkable, in which only monster letters that appear in JADE can be slain in ADOM, as in all "r", "g", "o" and "t". That one at least goes up to ratling warlords and shopkeepers.

Equipment seems very doable though; it even has extra healing potions. And you can use chain mail; I think human fighters start with some.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Here are the allowed material types:

http://www.adom.de/jade/javadoc-jade.../Material.html

Which include all the ADOM ones it seems.

Monsters seems a bit too harsh, but JADE items only certainly seems doable.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

and shopkeepers.
    No. 10characters

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    No. 10characters
    Yes. 10characters
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Huh, that's right - shopkeepers are "@". We can't really allow "@" monsters though. Now you could directly kill 2 of 5 orb guardians and play halfway normally and we can't have that :P

There is some trouble though. JADE doesn't seem to have food implemented at all. Divine mana food, or allow ADOM food items?
    Last edited by Silfir; 06-29-2011 at 07:29 PM.

I always believed Jade will happen in aproxim time than duke nukem forever is released.

Who could have fought i was such realist?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

There is some trouble though. JADE doesn't seem to have food implemented at all. Divine mana food, or allow ADOM food items?
    Potions provide some nutrition. All potions listed in 0.0.7 Javadoc are quite rare however, so other means are necessary.

Keep in mind that the 0.0.7 Javadoc is a couple years old, and 0.1.0 might have a few additions. (How CommandNo is defined is still my favourite, BTW)

Quote Originally Posted by Soirana View Post
    I always believed Jade will happen in aproxim time than duke nukem forever is released.

Who could have fought i was such realist?
    You were not the only one