Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: JADE discovery and discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by King Moila View Post
    Dycten Hauquin, the human beastfighter.

Now, what is a Gub? With capital G?
    Quote Originally Posted by JADE release details

* Immortalized Quentin Dauchy for finding the first bug in JADE (even before it was released).
    10chars (quotes apparently do not count to it).

My (late...) human fighter turned out to have been wearing a 'cursed chaos mutant skin cloak'. No clue what it did but it sounds horribly creepy. I only saw two possible effects:
    - A lot of my stuff randomly disappeared at some point. I think that's a bug though.
    - I was bloated pretty the much the whole time I played, despite only eating twice. (Could also be a bug though.)

Thumbs up Awesome dungeon names!

I just found 'the misplaced maw of horrendous evil.'

That...has to be one of the most awesome names for a dungeon I've seen yet.

Lightbulb Wielding a quarterstaff in each hand...

It occured to me that since beings in JADE can wield a two-handed weapon (that is one size smaller than they are) in one hand, that trolls might be able to wield two quarterstaves at once. As it turns out, they can--and they get the DV bonus from the related weapon skill twice for doing so. A troll specializing in fighting with staves can get mighty evasive indeed.....

Troll dual wielding quaterstaves - awesome.

does the statue of Dycten Hauquin do anything? I smashed it and it told me I felt unlucky

Post The Statue of Dycten Hauquin

Quote Originally Posted by Batman? View Post
    does the statue of Dycten Hauquin do anything? I smashed it and it told me I felt unlucky
    If I had to guess, it's probably the equivalent of being cursed in ADoM.

My troll put on a 'crusty necklace', resulting in a charisma of -1 and an appearance of -4... then he got infected with sewer rot. I don't even want to imagine what that looks like

Question Negative stats?

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    My troll put on a 'crusty necklace', resulting in a charisma of -1 and an appearance of -4...
    Wait, are you saying that his stats went into the negatives? Or am I misunderstanding and the necklace only gave penalties of {Ch-1, Ap-4}?

Yes they were in the negatives After he died (by Ogre or some other big bad smasher, he recovered from the sewer rot), I saw the necklace gave a -10/-10 to charisma and appearance... It was also cursed and unremovable, obviously.

Got something else interesting just now. I entered a dungeon, and found myself in a room with a few enemies and saw the following message: "The giant frog is turned into a soulless husk due to mana loss!" There was no frog, so I guess this means it died, spontaneously.
    Last edited by Cass; 11-29-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Exclamation They sound like bugs...

Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Yes they were in the negatives

I entered a dungeon, and found myself in a room with a few enemies and saw the following message: "The giant frog is turned into a soulless husk due to mana loss!" There was no frog, so I guess this means it died, spontaneously.
    I've run into the latter issue myself.

I think the both of them are bugs. You should report them.