Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Forum Challenge?

Team work sucks by default. Can't we really play for ourselves?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Agreed, I can't be arsed keeping track of wide-ranging team activities.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I am very interested in a forum challenge, no matter what it is. Though, imo, time limits should be set to 2-3 days tops, instead of 4-5.

if we do teams, it might help to have a schedule written out from the start. Say grey and soi are on the same team:

grey - monday 2:30 PM on server
    soirana - monday 2:35 PM on server (I am assuming of course that grey will die in 5 minutes)

by typing out a schedule at the beginning it will allow everyone to tune in to the server to see grey di- I mean, to see
    everyone play. Also it will allow folks to mention "I have a dental appointment at 2:30 (get it, tooth hurty? eh? eh?
    well, I tried) and so avoid time conflicts. It would encourage remembering one's turn as well, as task scheduler (or
    whatever) could be set to alarm. It would be a problem if someone forgot though... could just kick them to the back
    of the line?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Why on earth would grey and soirana have to play within 5 minutes of each other? They wouldn't even be playing the same character... I mean, they could play simultaneously if they really wanted to I guess, but I'm sure as hell not going to expect people from different parts of the world to hold to a minute-by-minute schedule for a forum challenge.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

> (I am assuming of course that grey will die in 5 minutes)

was a joke

I didn't even invis it...

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    grey - monday 2:30 PM on server
    soirana - monday 2:35 PM on server (I am assuming of course that grey will die in 5 minutes)
    One problem i am no longer on that nice university ineternet cable, so me and server are mutually exclusive.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

then sell a pint of blood or something to pay the $15 (or seashells or whatever lithuanians use for currency)
    for a crap dsl connection like I have. 80K down and 20K up are plenty for roguelike server playing.

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > (I am assuming of course that grey will die in 5 minutes)

was a joke

I didn't even invis it...
    But the joke doesn't make sense in the context of the challenge. If Grey and Soirana were on the same team, then they would be playing different characters each round--no two players from any team would in fact be playing the same character in the same round. Grey's death and Soirana's start of play are completely unrelated to each other, except that they must fall within the same 4 day period. While I agree it is nice to be able to watch people play in real time, beyond that I don't see the point of the whole scheduling thing.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

the jokes is funny if you want it to be funny, like all jokes. It wasn't for you anyway, it was for grey.

anyway, without a schedule we will be doing the "I will play at 8:00 if anyone wants to watch" thing, which works OK too.

EDIT: > then sell a pint of blood or something to pay the $15

duh, it just occured to me that your kind does not have blood. Maybe try a sperm bank instead... you will do fine on the
    IQ portion of the pre-whacking test they give, but to get top seashell you should prolly lie about heighth and looks.
    Last edited by gut; 09-30-2011 at 02:25 AM. Reason: flaming/trolling