Thread: poisoned on my way to recovery

Unhappy poisoned on my way to recovery

My first notable case (apart from the usual magic missile execution and early small cave excursion stupid acts): my wee GE wiz was just looking forward to boost her Toughness by waiting over the sickness when she took one false step - on a level I thought previously clear - into a previously undiscovered pit trap and found herself down to some 10 HPs and surrounded by pit snakes. Got bitten, poisoned, panicked (well, actually I did), so instead of casting Darkness & Fireball to deal with the snakes and THEN using the potion of cure poison used the potion first, got poisoned from a couple of extra bites, obviously wasted the vital potion and some turns later succumbed to the poison.

I did see you do some other fun stuffs the other day on the server as well. I couldn't
    tease you proper though, as you doughnut log on to irc. I think this was your guy I
    was commenting on.

17:42 <gutt> Ah, I see elinhil's strategy now. Roll a super strong ultimate 100.000 rolls type of super-stat wizard on ancardia, meanwhile playing a similar type wiz that was rolled on ancardius. Chances are, by the time he manages to kill one off, another will be ready to go.

19:45 <gutt> i see a PC named torgongongob on ancardius. the player is looking up spells in the manual.
    19:46 <gutt> he is fleeing a dark elf lord, and poisoned horribly. everything was blocking his path in corridors
    19:47 <gutt> he is live saccing, so the rng is throwing him clay golems and cats all over the place
    19:49 <gutt> a wizard that uses melee is like a thief that uses... well, anything other than door opening/closing
    19:50 <gutt> torgongongob is now leading cats through long narrow corridors
    19:51 <gutt> the cat is protecting all the other monsters. it bravely steps first on the altar to keep the mimic from having to
    19:52 <gutt> hmmm, maybe the messaging system is fixed now? maybe I can send him encouragement? Only one way to know for sure
    19:53 <gutt> oops, i better not right now, he is almost dead
    19:53 <gutt> 9 HP's is plenty, don't bother praying
    19:53 <gutt> and by all means, do not even think of killing that cat
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Good way to encourage new people to be active on forums, gut!

The first one was definitely me. I feel a shameless sense of entitlement to super-rolled characters to help me cope with severe scumming withdrawal symptoms