Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Post your most evil Thrundarr monster quest!

I've never found any of those mentioned above to be hard. My biggest problem is when he asks me to kill some rare monster like a vapor rat. My trollish barbarian is 5 levels higher now and still no vapor rat.

AlphaA

Well yeah, the monsters themselves are never particularly hard to kill. Just hard to find.

"I want you to slay a tiny child to prove your valor" *haw haw haw!*

Never got it, though

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    "I want you to slay a tiny child to prove your valor" *haw haw haw!*

Never got it, though
    I think Thrundarr doesn't assign you to kill any lawful monsters/NPC's

the one I remember was when I had to kill a mimic...and I just killed the one in the shop 10 seconds earlier.

That's whay I go straight to get the quest upon entering dwarftown, before looking at the shop supplies.

Quote Originally Posted by nateskeez View Post
    How are you guys getting tasked with such difficult monsters? Does it depend on your level when you take the quest? I take it on as soon as I meet him, which is usually when I'm about level 8-10, and it's always something low-level, like a gibbering mouther or a kobold chieftain.

I agree about the cat one. That's straight up Schadenfreude on Thrundarr's part.
    It is heavily dependent on character level. Awhile back, I Adombotted a PC to level 50 at the beginning, went straight to DT, and was getting assigned molochs, fire giants, ancient dragons, etc. It's been suggested that it is also dependent on the strongest area you've visited. So people who like to do Darkforge very early, for example, (to get the weapons/armors), might find themselves getting assigned disproportionately strong monsters.

I don't find the cat one to be any trouble. Usually the RNG is more than happy to throw cats in your path (and I'm more than happy to kill them). Cat ring is ridiculously overrated. I've had vapor rat and invisible stalker before, both of which are pretty rare. I think I might have had fairy dragon once too, but I could just be misremembering.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I've never seen anything really tough to kill, because I tend to hit Dwarftown around level 8-13. But that damn dwarf has ordered me to kill more lions and tigers than I can count. If only the quests he assigns weren't linear...

p.s. I don't really care about the cat ring, but its guardian is a VERY nasty piece of work if he is hostile when you arrive. Getting smacked down by an invisible boss when you can't teleport away, that just tends to ruin my day.

Quote Originally Posted by EMH View Post
    I've never seen anything really tough to kill, because I tend to hit Dwarftown around level 8-13. But that damn dwarf has ordered me to kill more lions and tigers than I can count. If only the quests he assigns weren't linear...

p.s. I don't really care about the cat ring, but its guardian is a VERY nasty piece of work if he is hostile when you arrive. Getting smacked down by an invisible boss when you can't teleport away, that just tends to ruin my day.
    I think he's alway neutral when you've killed exactly one cat and will only tell you to piss off in this case.

Some of my more memorable recent "assignments" included vapor rat, displacer beast and a karmic lizard.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."