Thread: Ways In Which Skyrim copies ADOM

Default Ways In Which Skyrim copies ADOM

- there are Talents but they're called Perks
    - Perks work in a branch system like Talents, and to gain some high level Perks you need other lower level ones first
    - the Talents, sorry, Perks, go to 100 maximum.
    - there is actually a Perk called "Treasure Hunter"
    - mining... plus you need a pick-axe
    - cooking (but you can't get hungry in Skyrim)
    - my character is Overburdened because I'm carrying way more potions than I'll ever need

Can anyone think of other similarities?

What is this Skyrim of which you speak? Can't say I've heard of it. Is it kind of like ADOM?

Seriously though, there are probably many similarities, but it's more like both games borrowing from numerous tabletop or computer RPGs released long before ADOM or even the first Elder Scrolls game. I haven't played Skyrim, so I can't say. I have played Morrowind, which I think is pretty great.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The Perks system is directly copying Fallout. Mining and overburdened are just utterly generic features... Might as well point out that NPCs give quests and wizards cast fire spells. Of more interest is the procedural quest system (which I've not directly seen, but I hear it sucks).

Skyrim is fairly fun by the way - reminds me a lot of the engaging world of Morrowind.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Sky... rim? Is that like a tire in the sky?