Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Mana

3AM, number of turns you survived would be handy.

Thing, I'd like to have more details about how you did kill karmic lizard. Did you melee it? Were there any messages about luck? Also by which means you killed berserker prince?

Well, I'm also dead.

29052 points

Exp: 14/168336 I28 M: 30768

Killed the karmic lizard with arrows which is how i killed most things i met. The beserker prince was caught in a web so he was easy. Due to not having to fight more than one monster at a time i only took 4 damage the whole turn. Not that all this is relevant now.

There must be some tough monsters there for you both to die.

I'll have a go sometime in the next 24 hours.

Any clues would be appreciated

Gnumsh, the orcish barbarian, was killed by a rock thrown by a frost giant.
    He scored 28437 points and advanced to level 13.
    He survived for 0 years, 12 days, 11 hours, 3 minutes and 1 second (30878 turns).

Moral of the story: Don't take on a horde of giants and then blind yourself.

That pretty much sums it up here is the long version:
    Code:
    30005 Start by cleaning ears for a bit
    30012 Can think clealy now but still stunned
    30015 sense a certian tension
    30022 feel clear again
    30023 i am greeted by mighty war cries but don't see any monsters it must be orcs or kobolds or
    something like that. As 3AM died quick i decide to find the stairs before i deal with them so i have an
    excape route. I head through the nearest door.
    30040 pick up a scroll
    30063 meet large gnoll and kill him via arrows he drops a corpse
    30070 kill large bat
    30074 kill orc
    30113 pick up a war hammer (43s)
    30184 eat gnoll corpse so it doesn't rot
    30281 having not found the stairs on the right side of the level i continue back towards the left where i
    meet a hill giant
    30303 kill hill giant with arrows while running.
    30332 see the down stairs and at the same time see a black slayer have never sean one of these before
    so i fire arrows while running away.
    30520 after ages of running in circles firing arrows but not causing enough damage to over come its regen.
    Use the wand of far slaying. I use to much pp to activate the wand and get hit several times myself but finishing the black slayer off only requires one arrow.
    30603 Become hungry while going into room with the up stairs to pick up some quarrels
    30656 find the tension room full of hill giants and ettins and start to lead one around shooting it with arrows
    30699 kill hill giant
    30702 feel very hungry! so i drink potion of healing for a bit more health and a bit of nutrition now only hungry
    30721 kill another hill giant
    30736 kill another hill giant but get hurt in the process now H: 104(177)
    30748 see frost giant
    30784 kill another hill giant but get critical hit now H: 81(177)
    30802 Hungry! again
    30832 running now lots of giants and getting hit by rocks now H:40(177)
    30834 Drink pot of invs it is cursed now blind and H:36
    30835 Drink second pot of invs i think this one worked
    30836 decide to try and walk blind to down stairs. I am invs so it might work if there arn't any giants in the way.
    30870 get over half way and then bump into someone lucky i can get past them
    30878 get killed by thrown rock RIP Gnumsh

Here's my story. I managed to escape both giants and black slayer but got sandwiched by iron golem and dorn beast.

not more stunned

there's some hill giant approaching

cowarding

not more confused

drank potion of invisibility - it was cursed - while running away I'm greeted by wighty war cries, drank secon potion of invisibility

30100 not more blind - there are 4 hill giants, but while running away I spot gray slayer, so I'll face giants in melee. One of giants drops medium 160s weighting shield - too bad the one in hand is cursed

30119 ate fortune cookie. Black slayer severly injuried, but regenerates - zapped ball lightning wand in a corridor, fortunetally it didn't hit me.

30163 found down stairs, but maybe I'll fight a little. 90HP. 78HP - I'll go down.

30290 Ate large ration. Kill caveman, orc, troll berserk, hill giant chieftan, large kobold, silver wolf (eaten), outlaw leader. Tried to uncurse shield (3 potions), but with no luck.

30498 kill troll, kobold, lesser daemon, berserker prince, hill orc (eaten), stone statue. Gained level (Athletics, Dodge, Stealth). Stone statue was followed by iron golem. I don't feel like dealing with iron golem, I'll go back in corridor.

30762 Iron golem and dorn beast sandwich...

This is an iron golem. It is hostile. It seems to be moderately experienced.
    The iron golem is not damaged. [M]ore.
    Current tactic: Coward (-19 to hit, -10 to damage, +20 DV) (x2)
    Current tactic: Very aggressive (+13 to hit, +5 to damage, -9 DV)
    Current tactic: Berserker (+22 to hit, +9 to damage, -17 DV)
    Current tactic: Very aggressive (+13 to hit, +5 to damage, -9 DV)
    Deliver a mighty blow to an opponent. Which direction [89632147, Z = ABORT]?
    You hit the iron golem and moderately damage it. The iron golem misses you.
    The Dorn Beast produces a thundering "Hurumph!". The iron golem misses
    you.
    Deliver a mighty blow to an opponent. Which direction [89632147, Z = ABORT]?
    You hit the iron golem and severely damage it. The Dorn Beast produces a
    thundering "Hurumph!". The iron golem hits you. The Dorn Beast hits you.
    You suddenly can't move! The iron golem hits you. The Dorn Beast misses you.
    The iron golem misses you. The Dorn Beast produces a thundering
    "Hurumph!". The Dorn Beast misses you. The iron golem hits you. You die...
    Do you want to see the last messages before your death? [Y/n]

30767 You die...

--------------------------------- HALL OF FAME ---------------------------------

Pos Score The gory details...
    --- ---------- -------------------
    1* 26940 Gnumsh (toja). L14 orcish barbarian (M). 168336 xps. 30768
    turns. Died on 5/20/2009.
    He was killed by an iron golem on level 28 of some ancient
    caves.

Thing, please post xp you got on your round. 3AM, please post turns you survived.

koctyxa, you are the winner of this league and will ascend to the semi-finals - congratulations. Looks like Thing achieved 2nd place, but I still need the finals details to clarify.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

I survived only until 30306. Got trapped between the gray slayer and a hill giant, used the unID'd wand, which turned out to be ball lightning, and it bounced against the wall, hitting me around 10 times.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but by the rules of TWL, Thing should be cast to the Abyss for putting us in an unwinnable situation, since both I and koctyxa failed it, and he did as well. Therefore wouldn't the finals of this league be between koctyxa and myself?
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

koctyxa didn't fail it - he got to the next level. All 3 of you died from different causes. Obviously not an unwinnable situation. You should learn from reading other leagues not to play your luck with wands
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Okay, I didn't understand the rules of the Abyss then, since it's not spelled out that descending stairs means the Abyssal situation is over. The rules as I understood them stated that if all the players died after one save, the person who created that save has to play and survive, or he/she gets cast to the Abyss.

I didn't realize that the "unwinnable situation" as explained in those rules meant only what's on that dungeon level. Seems to me there's an easy exploit of this rule: sit on the downstairs at the end of your turn, starving, no food or potions, with something like 1 hp. If somebody descends, they've beat your situation. And even if nobody does descend, you can simply do so, and then you've proven that the situation isn't unwinnable.

For future reference, I think the rules post whenever TWL comes back needs more clarification about this.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com