Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: The Weakest Link '09: League of Mana

Going downstairs doesn't necessarily negate the Abyss situation - things like poison, starvation, sickness or bleeding, or even just horrendous equipment can all cause an Abyss situation. The point should be though that everyone dies from the same thing. Simply dying from the same save isn't enough - everyone must must fall from the same cause. In this situation you killed yourself playing with wands, Thing managed to reach the stairs but got overconfident with the tension room, and koctyxa managed to escape the level and run into more powerful monsters elsewhere.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Like I said, this needs to be explained better in the rules next time. I'm not being a sore loser here, just saying that the rules are not detailed enough.
    The door suddenly falls in your direction! You are not nimble enough to evade the door. Your anvil is crunched!

http://kandrewsmith.blogspot.com

The indication has always been that ending your turn on the top of the stairs should generally not result in an Abyss situation. In practice, there may be exception to this given extremely chaotic behaviour (I'm thinking PC has <10 health, is massively poisoned without resistance, prayers or potions), but this would have to be determined at the discretion of your league mod. To date, no such situation has arisen that has not been successfully cleared. The only situations where the rule has been applied to date were situations where no player was successfully able to descend because the difficulty of the level spawned made further progress impossible (in the two precedent cases, both had extremely difficult tension rooms blocking the stairs).

In this case, nothing in particular has made this situation so difficult it could not be passed. You've all just fallen to the wrath of the RNG.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I definantly don't think the situation was unwinable. I just should have run for the stairs when i saw the frost giant rather than staying to fight.

Here is my exp

Exp: 13/162273