Page 93 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

"And light there be!"

I stand corrected then, must be typical for 1.1.1 in that case, I remember I always had that problem when I opened a door with knock, previously locked by me and always had to use wand of door creation because the old one disappeared and I still wanted that area closed.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Indeed this explains it all as I usually made doors and opened them in the animated forest to trap banshee, and in several other special locations where it was useful for a multitude of reasons.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 02-08-2013 at 08:18 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

If you kill a monster without ever seeing it or knowing what it was, it will still be added to your monster memory. Can easily happen with invisible stalkers and the skeletal king in TotHK (if you kill it with ball spells through the walls).
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    I just found out that throwing potions of cure poison at monsters that use poison stuns them.
    This is absolutely awesome.
    Playing since gamma 10, when necklaces looked like &s. Lithium man. Brass + Lithium. OCG. Illiterate barb. One race and one class to go.

Quote Originally Posted by aerol View Post
    This is absolutely awesome.
    Most definitively. This was in 1.1.1, so new things being found over a decade later? Only a sign of a great game.
    "And light there be!"

Hah, I love ADOM Does it work on the Snake?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Yes, yes it does

That was the first thing I tried after reading about it. Poor thing is even more screwed than usual now.

@edit

It just struck me - it should work on MaLaKaI and quickling queens aswell. That may be precious.

Doppleganger kings always seems to cause damage that's exactly 20% of your max hp (on regular hit, critical and vital spot hits cause more damage). Tested with level 1, 4 and 48 doppleganger kings.

Critical hit of a monster seems to cause double and sometimes triple damage (those doppleganger kings caused damage equal to 60% of max hp on critical hit).

Taking a vital spot probably adds your PV to the damage caused by enemy (again observed with doppleganger king. Having 13 PV they caused exactly 20% of max HP + 13 damage). This is added before critical hit modifier.

All of this was observed with archmage having 10277 max HP. Every hit caused exactly 2055 damage (+ vital spot and critical hit modifiers).

'U'sing holy water on Griffs grave doesn't seem to always kill him instantly. I thought it did, but I just used some and it didn't harm him in any way and only gave the message 'you are overcome by feelings of gratefulness'. Trying a second time made him explode (he was standing next to me and I checked if it damaged him which it didn't).
    Version p10 I think.

The "blue lightning" attack used by kobold shamans (and at least one boss monster) appears to be non-elemental; though I can't really figure out what factors do determine whether or not it deals damage. A PC with shock immunity (via a blue dragon scale mail) was hit a few times with the bolt and damaged each time; though when he swapped shock immunity for cold immunity (via the AMV), he often got the "bolts tingle slightly" message (no damage). What is also strange is that this PC is a level 23 healer with resistances to each element, yet I've seen level 2-3 PCs often taking no damage at all from blue lightning.