Page 90 of 106 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Regarding the Ch increase: some days ago, I got an Ap increase completely out of the blue. Was walking through a corridor and "Your looks improve" appears. Ap was 8 from the AMW, and I didn't have the Athletics skill. I would believe it's just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    Interesting, has anyone ever tested with the other colours? I wonder whether it would be immune to other acid damage.
    Yellow immune to shock etc.
    All items that grant resistance to an element are immune to item destruction caused by it. So red clothes and red daggers will never burn in the ToEF, for example.

--

Self-flagellation can cure sickness. Any kind of whip will work. Of course, it's a bit unwise to damage yourself under a condition that halves your HP and regenerates it much slower, but as a last resort measure...
    "And light there be!"

Is that strictly true, anon123? I'm pretty sure rings of fire resistance can burn up in the ToEF, for instance (and there is the weird bug w/ stuff that gives immunity, but you wisely note just resistance)
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Quote Originally Posted by SirTheta View Post
    Is that strictly true, anon123? I'm pretty sure rings of fire resistance can burn up in the ToEF, for instance
    They will never burn, regardless of being in your inventory or on the floor, and despite their material. I verified that myself by waiting a few thousand turns in the ToEF.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Regarding the Ch increase: some days ago, I got an Ap increase completely out of the blue. Was walking through a corridor and "Your looks improve" appears. Ap was 8 from the AMW, and I didn't have the Athletics skill. I would believe it's just a coincidence.
    Those usually happen from the random checks, and normally only once you're properly into the game. This one happened far too early for that, and triggered on a level-up. I don't recall ever having seen a Charisma boost that early naturally.

Black Unicorns are immune to petrification but it does not say this in the wiki or the guidebook..

black unicorns are immune to petrification but it does not say this in the wiki or the guidebook.

Quote Originally Posted by CloudKing View Post
    black unicorns are immune to petrification but it does not say this in the wiki or the guidebook.
    Definitely not. Tried it (in 1.1.1) and managed to petrify a black unicorn on first try.
    Many monsters are resistant to petrification though and it may take several, even dozens of attempts to succeed.

Yes, Petrification is a peculiar spell. I've turned shopkeepers into statues with a single use, and had orcs resist it. Some monsters are completely immune though. Those include all uniques, gorgons (obviously), earth elementals, and some others.
    "And light there be!"

Even if he is hostile, Guth'Alak will drop a PoCC when given a chaos corpse. He will usually pick it up immediately, but as long as you aren't chaotically aligned when you give it to him, the message is the same.

While invisible, attempting to (g)ive an item to someone will allow them to see you. Doesn't matter if they actually take the item or not. Useful if you're trying to lure Glod downstairs while invisible, (or luring farmers out to the wilderness for a little "chat")
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

Beastfighters wielding a weapon have a lower +to-hit / +damage to missiles when in Berserk, compared to those without one. May apply across the board.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.