Page 100 of 106 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1051

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Ah ok, it's just flavor message, thanks, i was wondering if i was carrying something bad or got a corruption while missing a message.

As i'm currently running into the tower of eternal flames, i'm faced again with the lots of message interrupting my movement with the (more) like that :

In which i must press a key to display the rest of the message and continue moving, if it only did that once a while it would only be slightly a disturbance in the gameplay, but it is spamming the " (more) " message very often and that makes the tower of eternal flame exploration really annoying.

Is there a solution to lower that amount of message spam ? even increasing the dimension of the ADOM window does nothing as the game insist to only use a small amount of space on 2 lines to display the whole messagery , leading to have to press a key everytime just to display the remnant of the message (that is usually only the word "hands"

I think by the amount of time i adventured inside of the tower that i really know "the air is extremely hot", no need to tell it to me every 2 or 3 turns, removing that part of the whole message spam would allow the last word to fit, meaning no need of (more) and so no annoying interruption to your navigation

Well, you can add this under :supress in adom.msg to eliminate those messages:

Code:
    #ToEF
    The air is extremely hot!
    The air on this level is searingly hot!
    #Rings of fire and ice
    You feel a hot breeze for a second.
    Your equipment is protected from the bitter cold by a thin layer of fire emanating from your hands.
    You feel a cool breeze for a second.
    Your equipment is protected from the fire by a thin sheet of ice emanating from your hands.
    #Take the '#' from the line below if you want to supress this message too
    #You resist the searing flames.
    This has little to do with the thread, though.
    "And light there be!"

Thank you, i had no idea there was such a filter, looking for it i localed that file in the adom_dat directory, i'll make the modifications asap.

The babbling mouth corruption can drain hitpoints.

I cast an improved fireball (with ~30 PP beforehand) and got the message "your life force is drained" or similar. Reduced max HP by 1-2 points.
    Gate closers: L+ DE Mindcrafter (p20), N= Gnomish Assasin (p20), N= Gnomish Mindcrafter (p23), N= Ratling Ranger (R49)

Quote Originally Posted by LexyBoy View Post
    The babbling mouth corruption can drain hitpoints.

I cast an improved fireball (with ~30 PP beforehand) and got the message "your life force is drained" or similar. Reduced max HP by 1-2 points.
    This may be worth a bug report, the corruption is supposed to set PP to 0 but it looks like the extra PP cost based on the range of the fireball resulted in a drain.

After all these years of playing, ADOM still manages to surprise with some awesome details (like this one has existed already in 1.0.0 yet I didn't know it before today).
    Paying unpaid items to someone else than the shopkeeper gives a message "You pay for the large ration (unpaid, 22gp). Somehow you feel that something is wrong.".

Amazing. I didn't even know you could 'p'ay to a non-shopkeeper.
    "And light there be!"

just found an old piece of paper where I wrote a bunch of weird things from 1.1.1. and perhaps previous versions. Forgive me if any of these have been posted already.

Ratling Rebel "Ugh, me's so hungry." (give food) The Ratling Rebel screams "How *dare* you bribe my ideals?!?" goes hostile

Tywat Pare vs Hotzenplotz - TP wins, poisoned heavily.
    You talk to Tywat Pare, the Sheriff.
    "Hotzenplotz's been slaughtered. What a good thing."
    Tywat Pare, the Sheriff, drops dead!
    You feel as if transgressing some law.

What, because I didn't save him? Geesh. Wonder if I'd tossed him a potion of healing or cure poison, maybe alrunia.

Poisoned pet loses all hps.
    You are horrified by the death of your friend! As you watch your friend perish, you are reminded of the old teachings saying that everything has a time to pass on. Bearymore, the brown bear, drops dead!

i just got this strange messsage...tried using google but didnt find anything...what ever could it be.
    i am playing a drakeling druid and whenever i step on a particular sqaure next to a dark room it generates the following message 'you hear a crunshing sound beneath your feet' yes crunshing is spelled correctly!!