Page 102 of 106 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1051

Thread: minor things but undocumented

So actually you can use wand shops as a free mana source with the mana battery corruption?

Quote Originally Posted by Moeba View Post
    So actually you can use wand shops as a free mana source with the mana battery corruption?
    No you still accrue the debt from damaging the goods, even if you drop the unpaid item.

Quote Originally Posted by Luci View Post
    No you still accrue the debt from damaging the goods, even if you drop the unpaid item.
    You don't. I checked - there was no debt for charges drained from unpaid wands.

EDIT: At least that is true about dwarftown shop, not sure about other shops.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous View Post
    You don't. I checked - there was no debt for charges drained from unpaid wands.

EDIT: At least that is true about dwarftown shop, not sure about other shops.
    This should result in you owing the merchant's guild some amount of money -- if not, it's a bug that was introduced at some point in the prereleases.
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.

Few minor surprises from my last play:

Chance to successfully chat with monster, if NPC has tentacled mouth corruption, seems to depend on willpower. It was impossible to obtain assassin prince quest after killer bug feast. Orb of water and purifier helped.

Killing a cat while not wearing a ring of master cat results in "fell from grace" message even though the ring remains intact.

Did not get "brought raider lord to justice" message after completing the quest. Probably because his corpse rotted before being delivered to sheriff.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Chance to successfully chat with monster, if NPC has tentacled mouth corruption, seems to depend on willpower. It was impossible to obtain assassin prince quest after killer bug feast. Orb of water and purifier helped.
    This is very interesting. I wonder if spellcasting with tentacle mouth is subject to the same rules.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    This is very interesting. I wonder if spellcasting with tentacle mouth is subject to the same rules.
    Yes. I did manage to cast once with willpower 1 after 100 or so attempts so it may not be completely impossible. A lot more successes with Wi 15.

Love new PoEx ring dipping mechanics. Char found few ring shops, started with 2 RoDS and ended with 7 . A lot of potions of holy water, scrolls of uncursing and potions of raw chaos were used to keep ring supply quality and I did not wish for them, but it is much easier to scum for water than it is for RoDS. Eventually it may be possible to get to the point were ring BUC status is irrelevant, and start real with engine wishing only PoEx, and raw chaos potions for occasional ring of gain attribute.

Quote Originally Posted by yhal003 View Post
    Killing a cat while not wearing a ring of master cat results in "fell from grace" message even though the ring remains intact.
    That is a rather well known case.
    I went once on a cat-killing frenzy after I got the ring - I had two tension rooms of them that have been quite taxing to deal with in the first place.
    No, wait. Taxing doesn't give it justice. It was a fucking nightmare. I slaughtered them mercilessly.

Still, the score reflected falling from grace (I think) in a negative way.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Stunned doppelgangers don't deflect arrows!

Ooof. Then I shot another arrow, and crashed game