Page 21 of 106 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Hammerhead does not count as a pickaxe when praying on an Elemental Temple level.

You will receive a pick axe.

This is really minor, but I don't remember it being documented anywhere.
    When you make peace with an enemy, they start behaving a lot like a companion (though are labeled as "doesn't care about you"). You "leave them behind" when you exit the location with them and you can meet them again while traveling through the wilderness.

hi, haven't been here for a long time, just dropped in to post this:

***THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO MAKING ADOM MORE EXCITING***
    1. get an office job
    2. install Adom Sage on work computer
    3. try to minimize it every time somebody comes into the room and pretend you're working :P

now, on topic:

I just got this message:
    The anvil thuds into an obstacle. The anvil crashes through the door! The anvil is destroyed in the process. Out of ammunition.
    Found an anvil in the UD with a trollish barbarian. I thought I'd carry it around for a while to throw at doors and mobs. Just on my second door I got the above message. Never thougt this was possible (edit: the anvil being destroyed, of course). Good riddance btw, the burden was starting to get on my nerves.

Anvils and thrown rocks can get destroyed in that way, IIRC.

I've just generated dwarftown with a char, killed shop mimic, this took me to L 13. No papyrus scroll. Kept wandering a bit, then went up stairs, immediately the scroll got generated. So it would seem like there are certain locations in which the papyrus scroll won't be generated (in order to safeguard from nonhostile villagers picking up the scroll perhaps). This does seem weird, and I've never heard of it before

Has anyone heard of Yergius committing suicide? I've seen it once with a wizard. I attacked Yergius with fire bolt from two spaces away and (if I remember the exact sequence and wording correctly) this is what I saw:

"Yergius, the master thief, is hit by the fire bolt. Yergius, the master thief, decides to fight himself to death in a blind rage! Yergius, the master thief, exactly hits yergius, the master thief and kills him right away! Yergius, the master thief, is killed!"

You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Has anyone heard of Yergius committing suicide? I've seen it once with a wizard. I attacked Yergius with fire bolt from two spaces away and (if I remember the exact sequence and wording correctly) this is what I saw:

"Yergius, the master thief, is hit by the fire bolt. Yergius, the master thief, decides to fight himself to death in a blind rage! Yergius, the master thief, exactly hits yergius, the master thief and kills him right away! Yergius, the master thief, is killed!"

Any monster can do this when it blind rages.
    The best it when it levels up from doing it.

Earthquake can make "bridges" over rivers. I found this to be somewhat useful with relatively low level elementalist.

How does it make bridges? River squares are turned to stone? You may well have found the first use for the spell...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    How does it make bridges? River squares are turned to stone? You may well have found the first use for the spell...
    All squares where it generates rocks are also turned into normal ground (altars and stairs can't get destroyed this way though). And there's also other quite obvious use for that spell... Generating rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    There are also some very weird rivers that run diagonally across the level, and you can actually cross them without having to enter the water, you just need to dig a path along the river and then a wall located in the 'middle' of the river, and you can simply walk across. The closest any ADOM-PC can come to walking on water Jesus-style . In this situation, earthquake might have destroyed the necessary walls, thus allowing you to cross rivers. It wasn't what he was referring to, but still