Page 96 of 106 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100 ... LastLast

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I've updated the Wiki to include this in literacy training, as well as training from the Ghost librarian. I'm kind of surprised it wasn't already listed, actually--I've used this method for ages.
    I was under impression that receiving the weird tome sets Literacy to 100 (I'm almost sure that I read it in GB, but can't find the info) not chatting with the librarian. I haven't tried myself, but it kinda bugs me.

Speaking about the new potion of literacy: I've recently received it with Literacy slightly above 50 and drank it to receive an increase to 65 or so. This looks really low, is this the normal average increase? Scratch that, found the answer.
    Last edited by _Ln_; 08-27-2013 at 12:51 PM.
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.

In 96 pages I'm not sure if this was mentioned yet but, crowning gifts are determined per character, pre-crowning gifts are determined at the time of prayer.
    P1: This game is so Retired!! How does a wooden ring protect you from becoming bacon??
    P2:
    Just drink Tobasco for the intrinsic you retire!!

In 1.2.0 p18, blindness is somewhat circumvented by the position of the health bar. It's not much fun being able to "see" where I am while blind.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
    In 1.2.0 p18, blindness is somewhat circumvented by the position of the health bar.
    In the ASCII version, you can also 'n'ame or 't'arget something. The cursor will reveal your current position.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    In the ASCII version, you can also 'n'ame or 't'arget something. The cursor will reveal your current position.
    True... maybe we should move the cursor to a random position or the nearest monster then? Or disable the commands...
    Last edited by jt; 11-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by jt View Post
    True... maybe we should move the cursor to a random position or the nearest monster then? Or disable the commands...
    The player character is blind, (s)he cannot see him/herself or any monsters to name/target, nor his/her position on the map. So, disabling it is appropriate in most part.

I would say allowing the player to rename the player character only should probably still be possible, without indicating the PC's position.

What happens with ordering companions while blind?
    Last edited by Stingray1; 11-10-2013 at 09:36 AM.

I've created an RFE for this issue, we should continue discussing it there.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1 View Post
    What happens with ordering companions while blind?
    That works fine - you can't do it because you can't see any of your companions
    "And light there be!"

So the word on the street is that the rotting flesh corruption halves the healing rate. However, my healing rate has stopped completely. I already had the sweating blood corruption; maybe they work in conjunction together. It's a ME/CK with one black eye, gills, and TP. My equipment is pretty standard issue.

"Guth'Alak, the druid, teaches you a lot about gardening. You feel as if transgressing some law."

The forces of Order don't approve of druidic gardening, it seems...