Page 103 of 106 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 1051

Thread: minor things but undocumented

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Stunned doppelgangers don't deflect arrows!

Ooof. Then I shot another arrow, and crashed game
    Now that is interesting... makes me wonder if they also lose their missile deflection ability while confused, paralyzed, blinded?

Has anyone ever received the message "something seems to be annoyed!"? It occurred after entering D:20 which happened to contain a vault. No monsters were in sight at the time, but I w5'd a little and nothing invisible attacked me. The only instances I can find online relate to Dax the Arena Master being annoyed when he can't harm the PC.
    Munxip, the human shopkeeper grunts at you in a friendly manner. Munxip, the human shopkeeper hits you.

I had the same situation ^, also i am new here so welcome everyone

Dopples still deflect when confused, at least my mindcrafters tried shooting them after mind blasts and always failed.
    Stunned makes sense though.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

I wonder whether being able hit it was also part of the bug, or whether TB just fixed the crash there. Has anyone managed to hit a stunned one in r54?

I was bored today so did tad for exploration on how stats ad PP and HP [I guess anyone who ate enough morgia in old days knows they do come in certain heaps but now once potentials are real thing I sorta wanted to know tresholds for jumps].

In essence [not tested against each race/class/zodiac combo and in particular not tested for things like troll barbarian]:

Willpower
    +1hp per each two points of Wi [wi at 2/4/6 etc]
    +1PP per each char level gained above 1 [also retroactive -- same stats and same level ends at same bonus despite sequencing stat gains and level gains ] at willpower.
    2/20/28/36 [+8 check]

Mana
    +1PP per each char level gained at mana of
    [2]/6/16/20/24 [+4 mana for check]
    [2 mana check subtracted pp for wizard [restored pp at mana 3] and not affected fighter]
    [For someone like fighting race mindcrafters no gain from 6 mana to 16 is surely painful].

Toughness:
    +1hp roughly for each two points of To [works at even for lv1 char, but switches to uneven points at some point later?].
    +1hp per char level at Toughness of
    [2/4/6/8] [this part is wonky, for wizard looked like at 2 gain was something like 1/3 of char levels, 4 -- 2/3 levels, 6 - above char level [4/3?]]/
    14/16/18/20/23/26/29/34/38/45/50/60/70/80/90

Quite diminishing returns after 38, and mist elf who start with toughness potential at 10 might not get much Hp out of morgia even after one blessed pot of potential... as toughness of 13 is not much better than one of 8.

I have discovered this some time ago but I guess it's not a widely known fact:
    Each PC has a limited pool of artifacts (21 total according to my experiments) that can appear in the game - greater vaults, surges of power, precrowns, drop from mino emp etc.
    What then happens when you have generated all artifacts from the pool?
    Well, if you have exhausted the pool and decided to throw a potion of uselessness on D:49, you'll get the usual message about being rewarded but instead of an artifact, your deity (assuming it is your deity) will generate a heap of random high DL items, which may have some nice prefixes/suffixes.
    This was tested back in the day when you could theoretically precrown 15 times at the cost of hundreds of millions of gold pieces.
    These days "only" 6 precrowns are possible due to hard cap, even if all other conditions have been met.

EDIT: Forgot to mention: random artifacts can still drop from monsters and those are not part of the pool I mentioned, so as far as I know that's the only way to generate artifacts from outside of the pool.
    Last edited by Blasphemous; 04-28-2015 at 08:38 AM.
    "Hell is empty and all the devils are here."

Greater daemon from Thrundarr's quest tried to fry me, instead hit one of the Thrundarr's guardians. One hit KO, rest in peace. So I sacrifice the daemon, come back and notice there's a corpse. Quick look at the wiki for corpse effects and I find an information that elite guardians apparently don't leave corpses. Well, this one did, and a blessed one too. I tried eating it. Message generated was:

"You start to consume the blessed dwarven elite guardian corpse. You are done eating the blessed dwarven elite guardian corpse. Very tough and somewhat fat meat. You feel stubborn."

Does anyone know what the last part means? There was no change in my PC's stats, skills, attributes, inventory or intrinsics (revealed through blessed potion of insight). Also eating it in front of the other elite guardian didn't turn him (or anybody else) hostile. I have an .svg file backed up if someone's interested.
    Gate closers: GE Wizard, DE Archer, Ratling Elementalist, Ratling Duelist, GE Merchant, ME Druid, HE Mindcrafter, ME Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Scooter Fox View Post
    Greater daemon from Thrundarr's quest tried to fry me, instead hit one of the Thrundarr's guardians. One hit KO, rest in peace. So I sacrifice the daemon, come back and notice there's a corpse. Quick look at the wiki for corpse effects and I find an information that elite guardians apparently don't leave corpses. Well, this one did, and a blessed one too. I tried eating it. Message generated was:

"You start to consume the blessed dwarven elite guardian corpse. You are done eating the blessed dwarven elite guardian corpse. Very tough and somewhat fat meat. You feel stubborn."

Does anyone know what the last part means? There was no change in my PC's stats, skills, attributes, inventory or intrinsics (revealed through blessed potion of insight). Also eating it in front of the other elite guardian didn't turn him (or anybody else) hostile. I have an .svg file backed up if someone's interested.
    Have you checked alignment changes?

BTW, crits from slaying weapons deal much more damage than 'normal' critical hits.
    BTW2, critical hits can, and will, deal more than just 2x damage.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniqs View Post
    Have you checked alignment changes?

BTW, crits from slaying weapons deal much more damage than 'normal' critical hits.
    BTW2, critical hits can, and will, deal more than just 2x damage.
    This is only true of missiles.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.