Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ADOM News

Default ADOM News

http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...adom-news.html

(yes, ADOM - not ADOM II for once ;-) )
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

This is pretty awesome.

We'll definitely need to do an honorary forum challenge on the launch date. I'm looking forward to getting Vanquisher on a Wizard

[edit]By the way, for those who are curious, Jochen has apparently been working his way through the bug reports section, so you can see his progress.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Awesome! Time to get that postcard quest finished.

Is there a list of fixes / changes available yet? Was the mindcraft crash fixed?

edit: seems I'm being impatient, just understood the answer from the post above
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 02-02-2012 at 01:56 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Awesome! While I've never suffered a game crash in ADOM, it's always nice to see it get some attention/tweaks. I personally can't stand tablet PCs, so I eagerly await the Linux/Windows port!

This is great!

Although I don't quite see, why bug fixes should be checked on iPad versions and only after that desktop versions will be updated. The other way round beta-test seems to be much more productive.

I've lurked this forum for some time now, but when I saw these breaking news I thought I'd finally make an account. It's fantastic to know a bugfix release is on the works after so many years. Looking at the Projects page I see many "historical" bugs (ingot crashes, artifact randomness) have already been tackled - that's very good, and I'm looking forward to giving feedback there as many others have done already

All the best.

This is wonderful news! All I need now is an announcement of a homebrew ADOM DS in the works :-D

I've been waiting for an ADOM update for 10 years now... With a new ADOM release and ADOM-II coming its way too, this means 10 more years of RL playing
    You feel excited. You die.

Quote Originally Posted by _Ln_ View Post
    Although I don't quite see, why bug fixes should be checked on iPad versions and only after that desktop versions will be updated. The other way round beta-test seems to be much more productive.
    That's true. I've already checked that the current code compiles fine on OSX and Windows, so there should not be any problems releasing all versions at the same time. It think Thomas meant that the iPad version needs additional testing since it uses a slightly different UI.
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa