Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dwarven DOOOOM, i mean paladin

The RNG ain't involved in the water dragon lair. That's like blaming the RNG when you walk into the ToEF naked.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Lesson is stay out of the dragon cave (unless you have invis).
    Controlled teleportation is also very nice. If you just want to talk to Blup's mom to get the RCT, that's doable in ~2 turns for someone who knows the WDL's layout.

Another valuable lesson for the water cave... low-level PCs stealing from the treasure hoard using darkness, should never step on the edge of a darkened area.

Quote Originally Posted by ilsekko View Post
    i would NEVER trust a giant dragon turtle..tamed or not. Those things are way too scary for me.
    My experience with pets and companions is that they're bound to backstab you eventually. Getting a greater earth elemental from a SoFS in DH:2 and taking it to extremely experienced until it could kill emperor liches in two hits was pretty awesome - until I entered a random shop, getting out of its LOS, and sensed a change of mind in a creature near to me.

Apparently, this never happens if you're a Bard, or a Necromancer controlling your slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. - Proverbs 16:18
    Tis true! Why, oh RNG god, do you torment me in my grieving? or not.

not related to thread, but i havent played many beastfighters... they worth it?

Beastfighters are tanks. You do ridiculous amounts of damage, and don't ever need to worry about weapons (and, hence, just to taunt you, the RNG will happily dump all of the game's best artifact weapons on you, which are all useless). It's not that much different from a barbarian, I'd say, except for the weapon bit. Beastfighters have hands-down the best set of crowning artifacts in the game. Your choices are Nature's Companion (arguably the best armor in the game), Preserver (best amulet), Bracers of War (best bracers), Cloak of Oman (not fantastic, but it's hard to find a good cloak), Boots of Divine Messenger (best boots, since you don't need 7lbs). Just be sure to train missiles a little bit...

Dark elf beasties are a good choice. Orcs, Drakes and Hurthlings are all decent enough too. Just whatever you do, don't pick a troll.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    The RNG ain't involved in the water dragon lair. That's like blaming the RNG when you walk into the ToEF naked.
    well..i guess not everyone's BOUND to meet a giant turtle and to get blasted to death in the water cave, there might be a chance for things to go differently..if i had get that kind of loot in the beginning i would never have tried to enter the water cave without invisibility or darkness or some other 'B plan', while on a regular game i just wait for water breathing and then dive in...sometimes i die, sometimes i don't, and that's why i think drog1, beside being a little reckless, got his dose of RNG karma backlash, too (see also: when in doubt, blame it on the RNG)
    you can't wake up who's pretending to sleep