Thread: Uthegental dark elven beastfighter

Default Uthegental dark elven beastfighter

Such a promising character died because of my stupidity

Lets start from the beginning. I've done the little girl quest, and Yrrgis quest. Dive to small cave on level 1, and did all to HMV. I've had three precrowning gifts: Robes of resistance, staff of the archmagi, and nature's companion. After that i did the pyramid. Had level 16 until then. Did all the Thrundar's quests and the graveyard. Then I dive to do the water temple. Had a excited room of spiders on the way. After water temple went to wilderness to identify the stuff. To my surprise i've had wand of wishing with 4 charges wished for AoLS and rings o ice, and PoS twice. This gave me a strength to 31. Had 3 RoI and I've got two choices. Go to ToEF or ToHK. I chosen the second. I've had 2 blessed PoB and 1 uncursed, a couple of Wands of cold with 0 charges. All the way to the bottom went well. Did frozen the water to doors. Opened with a key. Skeletal King was beaten by wand of firballs, which melt some ice away. After picking up a RoTHK, I said to myself:"I have 248 HP those pirhanas can't do as much damage as that damage if I dive."... Yes they can... Torn to pieces by those And after that i realize I had ONE potoin of booze left in my backpack

Quote Originally Posted by bolverk View Post
    "I have 248 HP those pirhanas can't do as much damage as that damage if I dive."... Yes they can... Torn to pieces by those
    The piranhas will easily shred 100-200 HP per turn spent in the water. Swimming through them is simply not an option.

How many tiles away from land were you? If it was just one, and you have no means of recharging (which wasn't the case here), you could have wrenched the last change. Better lose a wand than your life. In desperate situations, you can also hope to learn Frost Bolt or Ice Ball from wands/potions of wonder, etc.
    "And light there be!"