Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Duel to the Death: Game Report Thread

Default Soirana vs Tihh, round 8

7033: open doors, tame a claw bug
    7055: find dark room, use some charges from wand of light
    7060: another claw bug attacks, causes bleeding wounds, 4 hp left when my pets kill him
    7150: find stairs and descend to I14, while being hungry
    7180: kills goblin, hippogriff, claw bug dies, still no corpses
    7126: very hungry!
    7223: hope in a miracle: *pray*. 'You are satiated by divine manna. For some seconds the ground rumbles.'
    7255: close some doors and go back to the up stairs to wait there with tarantula friend (9/52 hp)
    7810: hear a sound of door opening
    7823: female goblin chieftain disturbs our concert
    7826: playing with opening and closing door, king cobra is behind the goblin
    7840: goblin understands that she was not invited to the concert and stops opening the door
    7962: she comes back
    7984: hippogriff appears behind the goblin chieftain
    8000: playing with doors, my last action was to close the door, goblin chieftain opens it. Hippogriff was seen 2 turns ago 2 squares far from goblin. King cobra hasn't been seen since turn ~7830. Otherwise nothing special was seen or heard.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

#####################
                                                          ............./........
                                                       ###########.#####........
                                                       ....../.....#   #........
                                                       #.....#######   #.......
                                                       #.....#         #.......
                                                       #####/#######   #######
                                                           #.......#
                                                          ########+##### #########
                                                          .............# #.......#
                                                          .#...........###.(.....#
                                                           #.........../g/.S.....#
                                                           #...........###@...<..#
                                                           #...........# #.......#
                                                           ############# #########

Match15       St:10  Le:15  Wi:11  Dx: 1  To: 8  Ch:18  Ap: 9  Ma:17  Pe:13 N=
    DV/PV: 10/12   H: 18(52)      P: 41(41)      Exp: 9/11096       I14   M: 8000
    Sick Coward

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Character Information

Match15    St:10  Le:15  Wi:11  Dx: 1  To: 8  Ch:18  Ap: 9  Ma:17  Pe:13  N=
    DV/PV: 10/12   H: 18(52)   P: 41(41)   Exp: 9/11096   M: 8000

Inventory
    Total weight: 354 stones                Carrying capacity: 500 stones

Head          : -
    Neck          : -
    Body          : clothes [+1, +2]                                      [40s]
    Girdle        : cursed girdle of carrying [+0, +0]                    [15s]
    Cloak         : cloak of defense [+6, +0]                             [20s]
    Right Hand    : cursed orcish spear (+1, 1d8+4)                       [75s]
    Left Hand     : -
    Right Ring    : -
    Left Ring     : -
    Bracers       : -
    Gauntlets     : thick gauntlets (-1, -2) [+0, +1]                     [15s]
    Boots         : -
    Missile weapon: -
    Missiles      : bundle of 4 mithril drakish scurgari (+5, 1d8+5)      [32s]
    Tool          : glockenspiel                                         [120s]

Stuff

Total weight: 37 stones   Carrying capacity: 500 stones

One-handed weapons ('(')
       orcish dagger (+1, 1d4+2)                                          [10s]
    Tools (']')
       torch                                                              [10s]
       box with flint and steel (46)                                       [5s]
       tinderbox (28)                                                      [3s]
    Rings ('=')
       silver ring                                                         [1s]
    Wands ('\')
       wand of light (1 charge)                                            [4s]
       wand of light                                                       [4s]

Killed Monsters

113 monsters perished under his attacks.

The following monsters were vanquished:
          3 bandits
          1 barbarian leader
          1 black hurthling
          1 black wizard
          1 cave tiger
          1 chaos rat
          1 eye of destruction
          3 fire beetles
          1 gargoyle
          1 ghul
          1 gibbering mouther
          3 goblins
          2 goblin chieftains
          2 goblin rockthrowers
          2 goblin slavemasters
          1 gray ooze
          1 gremlin
          2 harpies
          1 hell hound
          1 hill orc
          2 hobgoblins
          1 homunculus
         14 kobolds
          1 kobold chieftain
          1 kobold shaman
          1 large bat
          1 large gnoll
         13 large kobolds
          3 lizard men
          1 magebane eye
          1 margoyle
          1 necromancer
          1 ochre jelly
          2 ogres
          1 orc
          1 orc chieftain
          1 orc scorcher
          1 outlaw leader
          1 owlbear
          2 rabid dogs
          4 rats
          1 ratling archer
          1 ratling fencer
          2 shadows
         19 skeletons
          1 staring eye
          2 swordsmen
          2 wights
          1 zombie

Achievements

He survived for 0 years, 4 days, 5 hours, 43 minutes and 29 seconds (8000
    turns).
    13 companions were killed during his adventures.
    Match15 visited 2 places.
    His willpower score was modified by +1 during his career.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Most important reason was too little sleeping the previous night. The lightning lizard killed me, hit me for 30 HP without critical hit, while I acid spitted it, in very agressive, on low hp. I could have prayed, used cure spell, ran away or anything... Didn't even thought of these... Sorry for making it that much easy for you.
    "The avatar I was... now the fool I am. Heed the warning."

I survived.

First 100 turns or so: I fight with a staring eye. Not even easy for a weakling like this. I never knew they can confuse.
    Then: hear the sounds of rushing water. Uh-oh, I hope this is not what killed Grey.. Stumble upon a shadow. It drained two points of strength, but I escape it and find the stairs.
    For the next 400 turns, I used a door to keep my distance to it, closing the door each time the shadow opened it. At a certain point I finger fumbled and the shadow was standing next to me. I descend to I8, unable to avoid it from following me. There I quickly find the stairs down and use the same door trick until I get hungry, then descend. On I9 I ate all my food (two rations and the sausage), then waited till the end of the turn. I heard tension and a rushing noises, so it was a very quiet place.

Thanks for the game, Grey!

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#########
                                                                         #.......#
                                                                         #@..<...#
                                                                         +.......#
                                                                         #########

Blinger       St: 8  Le:15  Wi: 8  Dx:19  To:10  Ch:11  Ap:13  Ma:14  Pe:18 L
    DV/PV: 26/3    H: 34(34)      P: 12(12)      Exp: 5/1008        I9    M: 3000
    Coward
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Default Grey vs zsomkovacs, round 1!

Female Book-born gnome healer. I rename her Novella. Now let's get scalpeling...

Fuck's sake, dead Go win, zsomkovacs!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Once more I am faced with the challenge of surviving after my foe's death. Once I succeeded, once I failed slightly less badly.

Which also means that I have to deal with the repercussions of my own actions. It's a fact: Trolls require 2000 units of nutrition to sustain themselves for 1000 turns. Not being at Satiated, I have less than 1500 at least - and since the last time I ate I did so because I was hungry, I'm at 500 or less. I have to explore with utmost urgency, until I get just enough food - even if in the form of potions - to survive the rest of the duration.

But first, I have to check the previous reports for prayers. I know I didn't use any.

Huh... That's strange. No report of a prayer used whatsoever. That should give me at least one prayer for food. I don't know just how much food the wish provides, but it SHOULD be about 2000, which in theory is enough for the entire 1000 turns, even as a troll. The question is, how much can I rely on the accuracy of JellySlayer's reports? Prayers are crucial information to be sure, so omitting the fact they were used should be grounds for a win by default. There's still a chance that gradual decay of piety has used the prayers up - but are 5000 turns enough for that to happen? I find that highly doubtful.

I'll concentrate my efforts on finding the stairs as quickly as possible. Who knows, starvation might not have been the culprit at all.

5000: Naturally, I cannot rely on the rusty weeping battle axe any longer. I might switch back to it in a desperate attempt to get a nasty creature off my back. Using one of the spears from the stack.
    5016: There's a certain tension. A mixed tension room killing JellySlayer outright is definitely plausible.
    5028: Two doors out of this room. Both should result in a hallway, not the tension room. A potentially crucial choice. I have no way of knowing which of the two were picked by JellySlayer. Neither do I have a key to either lock.
    5029: I decide to open the bottom door. It opens into a winding hallway.
    5035: It ends in another door. There's a real danger this one opens into a mixed tension room, which I cannot risk, so I'll reroute to the other door.
    5057: The first creature: An eye of destruction.
    5060: Two rocks get rid of it. I don't lose either of the rocks.
    5066: I reach another rather sizable room that is not the tension room and spot a flesh golem.
    5071: Rocks take it to severely injured, and a melee blow does the rest, at no damage to myself.
    5077: There's only one door out of this room. It should lead into another hallway, so I should follow that path.
    5090: A crossing; one path leads further west, one goes around a corner and leads south. My instinct says to go the former route.
    5091: Instantly, another crossing, one path leading north and then west, one west and then south once more. I have an inkling the stairs room is most likely to be to the northwest, but regardless of my gut feeling, I'm not actually gut.
    5092: One step to the northwest, I spot that the path to the southwest leads to an open door. That's not the mixed tension room, and it might have the stairs.
    5103: There's a huge bat and a leather amulet. Leather amulets are rather likely to be rapid healing. I don't think the golden one is anything useful (unless it's an AoLS!). I should definitely kill the huge bat for food.
    5118: It was peaceful, too, so I had to berserk-kick it (I'm using ADOM Sage, so I'm automatically displacing it otherwise). It tastes like chicken! There's an already open hallway leading out to the east along the southern end, which I follow.
    5164: It leads almost all the way to the east, in a dead end.
    5225: Yet I manage to go all the way back to the last crossing without incident. It's fair to say that the tension room must have all but stopped monster generation completely. From the layout, I estimate it to be in the center. Hopefully the stairs room is northwest, as my gut feeling says.
    5234: This hallway ends in a secret door.
    5238: It opens into an empty room. Does it have the stairs?
    5241: Can't tell yet. It DOES have a shambling mound!
    5242: Still can't tell! I HAVE to know. Coward mode and 11 PV, don't fail me! I can outrun shambling mounds easy, so there's that. But the room is only three squares high.
    5243: Two hits deal six damage total. I think I can risk to go past it.
    5244: 47 HP, bleeding. But I see the stairs!
    5245: 42 HP, bleeding. But I've passed the shambling mound and should be taking no more hits.
    5250: I'm on I15, and I successfully escaped the shambling mound. I know now that the levels to follow are levels that JellySlayer has not faced, and that if I can only survive the remaining 750 turns, I am the winner for sure. I also start out in a room seemingly enclosed by walls, which means unless they teleport, monsters will not find me. (Some can smash doors, but none can find secret doors.) Which means I'm back to the prayer question.
    5467: I spent the time recovering HP, and go "Hungry" before I even get to the full 67. Guess it's time to put it to the test.
    5468: "You are satiated by divine manna. For some seconds the ground rumbles." - Gotcha, I better not try that again.
    5484: I notice slurping sounds in the distance. I do not care, however - I have at least 1500 nutrition points left. Simple math dictates I should win by w5ing the rest of the way!
    6000: Nothing came teleporting in!

Thanks for an exciting match! In the first 250 turns, it was the very best the Duel to the Death or the Weakest Link had to offer! Tense exploration, thinking on every turn! Then I won, but it could have been a lot closer.

I'm curious how you died, though! Did you manage to pop the tension room and got killed that way? Did the shambling mound do you in? Or was it something else entirely?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Match10.zip1000-1140 - found purple wand, found 2 scrolls "KttdLwrgt"
    1210 - decended to I4, (there were stairs leading upward there)
    1230- found and equpped unknown status opal amulet, got no idea what it does
    1259 - found some leather armor (+1,+1) [0,+2]
    1277 - sensed a certain tension
    1338 - lvled up got concentration to 100, and brought food preservation up a lil. went with strong healer for trait
    1379 - stepped on loose sound, and heard a squeeking sound (sqqqueeeeeek)
    1400-1558 - tried reading healing book got confused by doppelganger a couple times decided to run away from him got hungry! (yellow) so ate the elven bread. Found tension room full of goblins threw rocks at them until they were all very much dead. cooked a corpse, equpped a girdle (its uncursed)
    1651 - zapped bone wand on doppleganger a ray came out that he shrugged off, zapped purple wand nothing happened, managed to flail him to death (or her[or it])
    rest of the turn - decended to next level after fully exploring, gained a level got literacy to 100, raised food preservation, and archery. found a room full of vipers wiped them out after getting decently poisoned. current level has a river so feel free to acend and descend if you wanna keep this guy living. Probably wanna give slow poison another cast just for good measure? Oya one more thing '(' is an uncursed scimitar I didn't pick up

Good lucks
    Code:
                                     Screenshot

###
                             .==..=...
                           =========.##
                           ============
                           #==.^==.=====
                             +......=====
                             #.........#
                             #.........#
                     #########.........#
                     #...../.(.........#
                     #..@..#############
                     #.....#
                     #######

Match17       St:10  Le:14  Wi:21  Dx:20  To:13  Ch:14  Ap:13  Ma:12  Pe:14 L
    DV/PV: 30/3    H: 36(44)      P: 27(55)      Exp: 7/2950        I5    M: 2003
    Poisoned Strained Coward
    p.s. I don't know why but I keep having trouble dragging the uploaded file into the comment... maybe I'll be better at it next round...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Dammit 'match10' zipped file still managed to weasels its way into my post

Junk our rusty weapon first,
    Ending up with a spear, but cursed!
    Learning now of tension near,
    Leather amulet, cursed too I fear.

Yelling goblins in tension find,
    Starving now, in quite a bind!
    Learning now our weapon weak
    A prayer for healing now I seek!

Yummy corpses then consume,
    Each goblin dead the room is clear.
    Really need the stairs and soon!
    With one room left they should be near.

In this last a shambling mound,
    Leery then I decide to flee,
    Learning then my woes compound!
    When monster rust then traps me!

In between the two I try to fight,
    No chance have I to escape this plight.
    On this level I meet my end.
    Ranger troll, now crushed and rend.

Not able to descend, I count,
    On experience eleven thousand fifty-eight,
    Turns fifty six and ninety too,
    In hopes opponent's troubles mount,
    Losing then I would negate,
    On this I fear my chances few.

Silfir winning I thus predict
    Ending then this acrostic.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Code:

#########
     #.......#
     #...@...#
     #...@.../.
     #########

Match15       St:12  Le:17  Wi:14  Dx: 1  To:13  Ch:18  Ap:10  Ma:17  Pe:14 N=
    DV/PV: 7/10    H: 43(57)      P: 41(41)      Exp: 9/12001       I16   M: 9000
    Coward

8026 - get rid of mobs get, rid of equipment [prayed until dusting].
    8175 - found potion appears to be healing
    8496 - descend as i do not fancy incoming stuff
    8619 - eat melon
    8980 - start playing with our equipment
    8999 - descend to I16

Few notes -
    i used 3 equipment dusting prayers total
    @ next to char is master swordsman

Good luck....
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

I died, it's your turn to win.