Thread: Average Number of Turns for Teleportitis

Default Average Number of Turns for Teleportitis

I didn't find it by searching, so I'm curious: Has anyone actually calculated the average number of turns between being wracked by teleportation (or, equivalently, the percentage chance per turn)?

150 if i recall correctly
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Ah, thank you. I definitely won't expect this Shelves of Books room to let my Wizard learn Wish.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadArchon View Post
    Ah, thank you. I definitely won't expect this Shelves of Books room to let my Wizard learn Wish.
    You can always go to the water temple, read scrolls of peace to reduce corruption if you have any, lock yourself in a room and read the book there.
    "And light there be!"

I had scrolls of peace, but I didn't think to read them.

It turned out not to matter--I read the book successfully on my first try without any tricks beyond eat-a-blessed-stoma-one-turn-after-unbloating. I got one corruption from the Assassin's Guild:

Mana Battery.

And I've pickpocketed a lot of wands...

If the RNG is trying to get me drunk on power so I make mistakes, I think it's working.

nathrakh Guest

Every time I get Mana Battery I end up draining all the wands. Just heads up, might happen to you too.

..every single time.

Need to stash a wand? Put it in the missile slot and 't'hrow it.
    "And light there be!"

Quote Originally Posted by anon123 View Post
    Need to stash a wand? Put it in the missile slot and 't'hrow it.
    Wow, I didn't know that would work. Thanks for the tip.

Though, since I'm not going for an Ultra ending, I don't think I'm ever going to need more than the last charge from any wand. Even wands of wishing are of little use to me, since a potion shop appeared on PC2 and gave me enough Water and Exchange to create a stack of RoDS.

Quote Originally Posted by DreadArchon View Post
    Even wands of wishing are of little use to me, since a potion shop appeared on PC2 and gave me enough Water and Exchange to create a stack of RoDS.
    I still wouldn't drain the wand of wishing, though. It's easy to lose perspective when you start wish engines, but spare free wishes are always very valuable.

If you're really sure you don't want anything else from it, though: stash it, finish your wand-draining marathon, remove the mana battery corruption, then use the WoWi's charges to wish for "power". This will add ~30 max PP per attempt, which don't decrease even as bookcasting Wish takes your Mana and Willpower to 1. Much better than draining all charges to add a single point, right?
    Last edited by anon123; 03-05-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    "And light there be!"