Thread: What, exactly, do I need to do?

Threaded View

I bookcast very rarely. Honestly, I think constantly bookcasting Strength of Atlas to carry humongous loads of crap is a terrible habit. I don't think wizards in general have much of a need for it at all, since they get more than enough castings of most spells just by reading. Bookcasting in combat is generally poor since it takes longer and spends more of your juice. A propos juice, know what tastes pretty juicy? Morgia roots. Get some HP first.

That said, I only looked at your spell list before, not exactly the castings; you have tons of Magic Missile, which is great since Magic Missile kills anything (eventually) and it leaves all the good stuff behind. Which means you're completely equipped to do the Rift, if you get some HP first.

Seriously. Morgia roots will get you covered. Bonus: You get your Willpower closer to 32. (They stop working at 25, and the sword of Nonnak can get you the rest of the way. Incidentally, I forgot about that one for ratling fodder. Ball spells can make it worth keeping, though.) Ball spells are almost not worth using without at least 32 willpower. Before that, you have to stand next to things to kill them with ball spells, and why would you want to do that? Especially without getting HP first?

Get some HP first.

EDIT: Before I forget, don't try to get a farmer corpse without the quest. Having the quest increases the drop rate to near 100 percent and makes sure you only need the one farmer. Also, get some HP first.

EDIT2: We really need to have the percent symbol back. This is silly.
    Last edited by Silfir; 03-17-2012 at 10:43 AM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.