Thread: Gods cursing equipment exception?

Default Gods cursing equipment exception?

I know this question is probably answered elsewhere but on a recently playthrough (with a dwarven paladin) I was crowned N= with Aylas Holy Scarf. Then late in game I (extended) dropped some stuff on a chaotic alter after I thought I had converted it. I ended up with all cursed equipment. Strangely though the scarf remained blessed.

Is the crowning gift permanently blessed or is that a property of Aylas Holy Scarf? or can the other gods not curse it but if I dipped it in unholy water it would become cursed? I forgot to test this.

Unrelated to the question but I accidently dipped my scroll of uncursing in a potion of strength instead of holy water and ruined both. Leaving my equipment cursed and short a strength point. Sad times.

Crowning gifts appear to be cursable, both by gods (your own, at least), and holy water, from my testing. It may be an undocumented ability of the scarf. I don't have a character handy with the item to test, unfortunately.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I assume you no longer have that character to test things?

I have a savegame, played on a ToGu-patched executable but otherwise completely legit, where the scarf was generated as a random artifact in a greater vault. I managed to get it cursed by having my chaotic PC drop it in a neutral altar.

If you want to test anything else, let me know.
    "And light there be!"

02:05 <gutt> hmm, I prayed too much, but ayla's scarf didn't get cursed
    02:09 <fazisi> how about the rest of your inventory?
    02:10 <gutt> everything
    02:13 <sorear> ayla's scarf cannot be cursed
    02:13 <sorear> ever
    02:13 <sorear> by any means
    02:13 <sorear> even if you run out of luck
    02:13 <gutt> man sorear, you are kinda scary sometimes

well, it seems you just found the exception
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

After reading your post, I tried dipping the scarf in a potion of unholy water, and using a cursed scroll of uncursing on it. Both attempts cursed the item.

Someone should test this with a game played on a completely unaltered binary.
    "And light there be!"

Okay, here's my tests:

Cursing by your god (via piety) does not affect the Holy Scarf.
    Dipping into unholy water has no effect.
    Crowned neutral, shifted alignment to chaotic, drop on neutral altar--no effect. (With massive negative piety).
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Okay, here's my tests:

Cursing by your god (via piety) does not affect the Holy Scarf.
    Dipping into unholy water has no effect.
    Crowned neutral, shifted alignment to chaotic, drop on neutral altar--no effect. (With massive negative piety).
    My patched executable is to blame, then.

Can you try a cursed scroll of uncursing? Does it glow in a black light then?
    "And light there be!"