I'm currently playing a trollish monk, and managed to reach clvl 27. I'm sometimes amazed, sometimes puzzled with this character...
1) Current fighting stats: attack 1d92, damage 1d35+38 (x4, 23%)... and this is per hand... amazing
2) Current stats: abysmal (without the shard of elemental earth and Athletics, all stats would probably be below 10)... seems that they get drained by simply breathing
3) I've found two elemental shards in the Drakalor Chain... but the two other ones are elsewhere, and I didn't find the old guy to tell me where (the level where he usually is has probably a secret passage/door I didn't find -- and I don't have found a large pick axe yet)
4) As a monk, I'm supposed to shatter stone with kicks... but the ability doesn't appear with 'x', and kicking walls still gives the "you hurt your foot" message
5) Each step I take outside of a dungeon triggers a wilderness encounter... mostly harmless, but the repetition makes the current version a PitA to play
6) Resting takes too long... I wish I could change the 100 turn count and remove those "fiddling with lock" messages while resting