Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Victory?

Default Victory?

I suppose no one has won v 0.2.3 yet, since I've seen no YAVPs, or rather VPs (the only victory post I saw was for 0.2.0).

How far is people from winning? At the moment the best I have done is getting two shards. I did that on three games: in one I died to two troll brutes doing a mighty blow in the third shard dungeon, in another I died to an ogre lord in the third shard dungeon, and in the other I died to stat drains in the wilderness after seeing that the other shard dungeons were unreachable, so I don't think I had any chance to win.

I've gotten one shard in three games. In the latest of these I died in a dungeon containing the second (mighty blow from a giant, ran away and got stuck between him and a troll brute). The screenshot with the eternium large great sword was from that game.. and I was still fighting with my bare hands without having tried it.

The only shard I haven't seen yet is water.

There is also one game where I found a ring of minor regeneration. That was my toughest character. He died to an infinite loop.

I am now starting all of my games now with robbing the ring shop in Terinyo (or die trying). Rings of speed are great. If I'm not mistaken a ring of speed is +5 speed cursed, +10 speed uncursed and +20 speed blessed. (That's for the first ring, if you're wearing two of them the bonus of the second one seems to be halved.)
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

For me, 0.2.3 is unwinnable for two reasons:
    - unreachable dungeons
    - unbalanced critical hits from large monsters
    I'm still waiting for someone to prove me wrong... but this will gonna require a LOT of luck.
    You feel excited. You die.

I do not even manage that far. I got this entering dungeon bug around lvl 10. My best char was lvl 21 drakeling monk, before this bug catch me up.
    Really annoying bug.

Damn.. I came so close. Died with all 4 shards on D:42 to a fire giantish ghul.

Wow. I had all but resigned due to unreachable dungeons. It's nice to know that sometimes it's possible to get all the shards. I'll keep trying to win then.

Yup, it's completely random. You might have a chance if crashes, bugs and unfair odds for your R/C combo don't stop you regardless.

Had a nice char going... and the game hanged when entering a dungeon. I guess I'll wait for 0.2.4 to try again.
    You feel excited. You die.

Holy shit.. got all four shards and got a deadly quarterstaff from a shop in Terinyo (+1 times damage on criticals). The best weapon against fire giants that I could think of.. starting my chaos dive now, praying that the game doesn't infinite loop on me.. will edit this post later.

edit: FFFFFF.... infinite loop when descending to D:8.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-06-2012 at 01:50 PM.

I don't know what you do to get the four shards... in my games I always seem to have 1 or 2 unreachable shard dungeons. I can now consistently make it to the midgame (ogre lords, etc.) without dying, but I'm losing all my games either to the infinite loop, or to quitting due to unreachable dungeons...