Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomic 1.0

I guess I can't make a new motion before all my old motions are resolved. And I will have to vote on all open motions too, including my own, I guess. So..

I vote against Grobblewobble's 'let's-divide-the-forum-worse-than-is-even-possible-with-TH motion'
    (2 for, 3 against now). Motion failed.

I vote against Joe's goal-of-the-game motion. (1 for, 1 against)
    I vote in favour of Kyreles' motion to make Nomic a little easier (1 for, 2 against)

The IT ARE PROOF motion: players can earn PROOF tokens for the camp they are in, be it the pro-TH camp or the anti-TH camp. To earn a PROOF token, they must create a random character and choose TH at the earliest opportunity (if pro TH) or never choose TH (if anti TH). Creation of such a character must be openly announced in this thread. Proof tokens are awarded to your camp, as follows:

If you win the game by closing the portal: +10 PROOF tokens
    If you win the game by killing Andor Drakon instead: +20 PROOF tokens
    If you win in less than 30.000 turns: +5 PROOF tokens
    If you win in less than 5.000 turns: +20 PROOF tokens
    If you win while remaining illiterate the whole game: +3 PROOF tokens
    If you win while never harvesting any herbs: +4 PROOF tokens
    If you win while never praying during the game or step on any altar: +5 PROOF tokens
    If you win while never eating any other food than corpses: +2 PROOF tokens
    If you win while having been doomed for the entire game beyond the first 50 turns: +10 PROOF tokens
    If you win while immediately drinking all the booze you see (ingame): +1 PROOF token
    If you are drunk while playing (real life): +1 PROOF token
    If you lose the game: -3 PROOF tokens
    If you rescue the puppy: +1 PROOF token
    If you start the game by immediately entering the SMC and descending the UD and reach the HMV alive: +1 PROOF token
    If you receive the ring of the master cat: +2 PROOF tokens
    If you kill the ancient chaos wyrm: +1 PROOF token
    If you rescue Khelavaster: +1 PROOF token
    If you receive the platinum girdle: +10 PROOF tokens
    If you slay every monster on D:50: +1 PROOF token
    If you leave the chain without any corruption: +1 PROOF token
    If you enter the ID at any time: -3 PROOF tokens
    If you are a wizard or archer: -2 PROOF tokens
    If you are a priest, necromancer, beastfighter or barbarian: -1 PROOF token
    If you are a thief or merchant: +1 PROOF token
    If you have the candle starsign: -1 PROOF token
    If you are a drakeling: -1 PROOF token

(of course those values could be altered or expanded in future amendmends)

Members of the camp with the most proof tokens gain the exclusive right to claim SCIENTIFIC PROOF that they are right.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-12-2012 at 11:08 AM. Reason: made the rewards more complicated
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Running a veto character against the proof motion. That's insanity.

Dragon-born dark elf barbarian.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Rules amended as per my motion of suffrage facilitation.

Code:
    Rules: 
    §001: Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, 
    amendment of or additions of rules.

§002: Motions can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. There is no set format for motions to be submitted.

§003 Votes can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote. 

§004: If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. 
    If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. If the motion passes, and 
    requires that the rules be amended, the motion-maker must do this as soon as possible, and post the revised ruleset. If the 
    motion-maker fails to do this within 48 hours of the motion's passage, the motion's state is changed, and it fails. 

§005 Every player has the option to veto a motion once all by himself. After posting his veto the player must create a random character. If 
    he manages to win the game and proves so by posting the .flg in the YAVP-forum, the motion is vetoed. If he fails, his veto fails. If the 
    motion is passed by acquiring 3 approving votes before the game is ended, the motion is successful and the game is of no further influence 
    on the motion.

§006 All participants in this game of Nomic have to make a choice. Either they join the pro-treasure hunter camp, or they have to 
    join the anti-treasure hunter camp. Those who join the pro-treasure hunter camp have to edit their signature, adding a line that 
    expresses their enthusiasm about treasure hunter. It doesn't matter what exactly you say, as long as it is clear to all that you would 
    never give up on Treasure Hunter because it is the most awesome talent ever. Be creative!
    Those who join the anti-treasure camp also have to edit their signature, adding a line to express their disgust about the most miserable 
    talent in ADOM, treasure hunter.

§007 Each player may only propose one new motion at a time, and they can only do so if they don't already have any previous motions up for voting.
    My votes:
    The IT ARE PROOF motion: hell yeah (1 for, 0 against)
    Goal-of-the-game-motion: hmm why not (2 for, 1 against)
    Kyreles' motion to make Nomic a little easier: nope, wouldn't that slow things down? (1 for, 3 against) CANCELLED

I propose:
    Stellian's motion of veto reutilization: If a motion is passed or cancelled while a player is attempting to veto it, the player may attempt to veto a different motion using the same game character.
    Last edited by stellian; 04-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.
    Life is not worth living without Treasure Hunter.

I accidently left of my motion to compel voting on the last State of the Nomic. The new one will include it.

I vote against the Goal-of-the-game-motion
    I vote against the IT ARE PROOF motion
    I vote in favor of Stellian's motion of veto reutilization

JellySlayer, it seems like you are opposed to the IT ARE PROOF motion. Could you edit your post or repost to actually vote against it?

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble
    I guess I can't make a new motion before all my old motions are resolved. And I will have to vote on all open motions too, including my own, I guess. So..
    By voting against your motion I take it you wish to withdraw your motion.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Default The State of the Nomic

The State of the Nomic

Rules:
    Code:
    §001: Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, amendment of or additions of rules.

§002: Motions can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like or you can write them in an abbreviated form:
    "[motion summary] motion: [description]." 
    Example: "Meaningless Title motion: Kyreless will be granted the meaningless title of The Creator of the Nomic." There is no set format for motions to be submitted.

§003 Votes can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote. 

§004: If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. If the motion passes, and requires that the rules be amended, the motion-maker must do this as soon as possible, and post the revised ruleset. If the motion-maker fails to do this within 48 hours of the motion's passage, the motion's state is changed, and it fails. 

§005 Every player the option to veto a motion once all by himself. After posting his veto the player must create a random character. If he manages to win the game and proves so by posting the .flg in the YAVP-forum, the motion is vetoed. If he fails, his veto fails. If the motion is passed by acquiring 3 approving votes before the game is ended, the motion is successful and the game is of no further influence on the motion.

§006 All participants in this game of Nomic have to make a choice. Either they join the pro-treasure hunter camp, or they have to join the anti-treasure hunter camp. Those who join the pro-treasure hunter camp have to edit their signature, adding a line that expresses their enthusiasm about treasure hunter. It doesn't matter what exactly you say, as long as it is clear to all that you would never give up on Treasure Hunter because it is the most awesome talent ever. Be creative! Those who join the anti-treasure camp also have to edit their signature, adding a line to express their disgust about the most miserable talent in ADOM, treasure hunter. 

§007 Each player may only propose one new motion at a time, and they can only do so if they don't already have any previous motions up for voting. 

§008 All Players are 'allowed to taunt grey in this thread'.
    Open Issues:
    Code:
    Kyreles' motion to compel voting. (2 for, 1 against) Kyreles
    Goal-of-the-game-motion (1 for, 2 against) Joe
    The IT ARE PROOF motion (1 for, 1 against) grobblewobble
    Stellian's motion of veto reutilization (1 for, 0 against) Stellian
    If there are mistakes let me know and I'll fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    By voting against your motion I take it you wish to withdraw your motion.
    Redrawing my motion? That isn't even possible, there is no rule that allows it. However, there is no rule against voting in favour or against your own motions, either.

Also, Jellyslayer didn't vote against the PROOF motion, although he is attempting to veto it. So at the moment it is 1 for, 0 against.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-12-2012 at 06:45 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    Also, Jellyslayer didn't vote against the PROOF motion, although he is attempting to veto it. So at the moment it is 1 for, 0 against.
    grobble is correct. I am not voting for or against any motions. Just trying to veto things. My barbarian is level 14 with pyramid and griffyard completed, darkforge raided, by the way. As soon as I get to L+ I can get crowned as well.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Jellyslayer didn't vote against the PROOF motion, although he is attempting to veto it. So at the moment it is 1 for, 0 against.
    I voted against it. It's 1 for, 1 against.

Redrawing my motion? That isn't even possible, there is no rule that allows it. However, there is no rule against voting in favour or against your own motions, either.
    I move that players shall not be allowed to vote on their own motions. Also they shall be allowed to withdraw a motion they submitted by declaring they wish to do so. Furthermore, no player shall be allowed to vote more than once on each motion. For the purposes of voting this may be refered to as Kyreles' motion to fix the Nomic

I vote in favor of Kyreles' motion to fix the Nomic

Motion Passed.

this game is HARD
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I think I have it figured. I was going to ask that somebody maintain a cohesive list,
    and stick it at the VERY FIRST POST of this thread. That would put the burden on
    only one person though, and that is not fair, and not convenient. I will post my
    proposed solution in the form of a hopefully unreadable nomic motion format.

motion nomic_reform:
    we create an ACCOUNT with username 'nomic'. It will have a public pass, so we
    can all edit the original post. We take all this mess we have so far, stick it in an
    initial post, then edit it as if it were a wiki.

Sure, this is open to mass corruption, but we could undo any problems by simply
    re-scanning all the thread posts, which is what we are having to do now anyway.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."