Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Nomic 1.0

Need to post the new rules, or the Doomsday motion will be cancelled.

Code:
    Rules: 
    §001: Any player may set forth a motion to take some official action. Official actions include, but are not limited to, 
    amendment of or additions of rules.

§002: Motions can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. There is no set format for motions to be submitted.

§003 Votes can be written in bold and / or italics for clarity, if you like. To vote in favor of or against a motion, one must declare one's vote. 

§004: If at any point there are three votes from three different players in favor of a motion, the motion passes and is acted upon. 
    If at any point there are three votes from three different players against a motion, the motion fails. If the motion passes, and 
    requires that the rules be amended, the motion-maker must do this as soon as possible, and post the revised ruleset. If the 
    motion-maker fails to do this within 48 hours of the motion's passage, the motion's state is changed, and it fails. 

§005 Every player has the option to veto a motion once all by himself. After posting his veto the player must create a random character. If 
    he manages to win the game and proves so by posting the .flg in the YAVP-forum, the motion is vetoed. If he fails, his veto fails. If the 
    motion is passed by acquiring 3 approving votes before the game is ended, the motion is successful and the game is of no further influence 
    on the motion.

§006 All participants in this game of Nomic have to make a choice. Either they join the pro-treasure hunter camp, or they have to 
    join the anti-treasure hunter camp. Those who join the pro-treasure hunter camp have to edit their signature, adding a line that 
    expresses their enthusiasm about treasure hunter. It doesn't matter what exactly you say, as long as it is clear to all that you would 
    never give up on Treasure Hunter because it is the most awesome talent ever. Be creative!
    Those who join the anti-treasure camp also have to edit their signature, adding a line to express their disgust about the most miserable 
    talent in ADOM, treasure hunter.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 04-10-2012 at 08:50 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Today 02:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Just for fun, I will attempt to veto Kyreles' motion to make Nomic a little easier.

[edit]Nevermind. Dead.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; Today at 03:02 PM.

He lasted 6 minutes? Nice.

[edit]Attempting to veto the bureaucracy_should_be_as_complex_and_cumbersome_as _possible motion Sword born High Elf Druid. Oh geez...[/edit]

[edit2]
    Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#########
                           #.......#
     #############   #######.....<.#
     #.[.%.......#   #.............#
     #...>^......#####.#############         ###########       ###########
     #.................#                     #.........#       #.........#
     #################.#       ###############.........#     ###.........#
                     #.#       #........./.../(...../..#     #./.........#
         #############.###     #.........#####.........#######.###########
         #.........../...#     #.........#   #........./.......#
         #...........###.#     #.........#   ###########.############### #########
         #...........# #.#     #.........#             #...# #.........# #.......#
         #...........# #.##### ###########             ###.###.........# #.......#
         #...........# #.....#                           #...#........[# #.......#
         ############# #####.###############################.#.........###.......#
                           #.......................e..@F...../........./.........#
                           #######################################################

Veto          St:13  Le:17  Wi: 9  Dx:20  To:16  Ch: 7  Ap:15  Ma:14  Pe:16 N-
    DV/PV: 10/4    H: -6(68)      P: 29(47)      Exp: 8/7456        UD: 6 Sp: 102
    Stunned Burdened

Veto, the high elven druid, was killed by a leucrotta.
    She scored 13944 points and advanced to level 8.
    She survived for 0 years, 3 days, 0 hours, 15 minutes and 48 seconds (3957
    turns).
    [/edit2]
    Last edited by Kyreles; 04-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.
    Proud member of Team Silfir in the Treasure Hunter debate.

Was wandering around on true berserk and accidentally bumped into Hotzenplotz while I was getting the healing quest completed. Rookie mistake

I'll try again later when a new resolution comes through.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreles View Post
    [edit]Attempting to veto the bureaucracy_should_be_as_complex_and_cumbersome_as _possible motion Sword born High Elf Druid. Oh geez...[/edit]
    Wha... I wouldn't even know what to do with a char like that. Good luck.
    Life is not worth living without Treasure Hunter.

Running a veto PC against this motion: Stellian's motion of suffrage facilitation

Sword-born dark elf merchant with a specialty in scrolls. Good times.

[edit]Bah, veto attempt #2 fails. Damn, I suck at this game now.
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 04-11-2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

This thread has very quickly left me confused. All I got out of it is that I belong to a movement called 'camp gut'.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

it is an awesome camp indeed, though, sadly, I will never join it

long live camp grey!
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

I vote for:
    Guts grey_is_a_goof motion. (3 for, passes).
    Stellian's motion of suffrage facilitation (3 for, passes).
    Kyreles' motion to compel voting. (3 for, passes).

I vote against:
    Kyreles' motion to make Nomic a little easier (0 for, 2 against now).
    Grobblewobbles 'the let's-divide-the-forum-worse-than-is-even-possible-with-TH motion' (2 for, 2 against now).

I propose:
    Goal-of-the-game-motion: The goal of the game is to score 100 points. Each motion you propose will lower your amount of points by 3 but there is a minimum of zero points, the amount with which all players will start if this motion passes.
    A motion that fails due to either a succesful veto or 3 negative votes will yield the proposer 15 points. A motion that fails due to any other reason will cost the proposer 10 points. A successful motion will yield to the proposer as well as to all the positive voters 4 points. Positive votes on a failing motion will cost 2 points however. A negative vote immediately yields 2 points for the caster of the vote regardless of result of the motion. A successful veto yields 10 points for the vetoer, but a failed veto-attempt will cost him 2 points.
    No new methods of gaining points can be introduced as long as this motion is in effect. If this motion passes but later gets removed out of the rules again, points are being stored for an eventual later re-introduction of points in the game: they will stay until the game has ended.
    If this motion is successful it is self-referring (the proposer as well as the positive voters will gain 4 points: negative voters will however not gain points because they 'immediately' gain points, but the motion wasn't in effect yet when they were casting their vote).

/edit: edited some details in the motion.
    Last edited by Joe; 04-11-2012 at 10:08 PM.
    Treasure Hunter is an absolutely immoral talent and people who take it are slaves of their lust for loot. A real character doesn't rely on worldly goodies to save the world but will do so by trusting his inner strength.

Attempting to veto the bureaucracy_should_be_as_complex_and_cumbersome_as _possible motion Sword born High Elf Druid. Oh geez...
    Wasn't that motion thwarted by 3 negative votes already?! (not that I mind vetoing failed motions).
    If it wasn't thwarted yet I vote against this motion too
    Treasure Hunter is an absolutely immoral talent and people who take it are slaves of their lust for loot. A real character doesn't rely on worldly goodies to save the world but will do so by trusting his inner strength.

Voting for Joe's goal-of-the-game motion. With it in power nobody will ever win, so it's perfect
    I like my women like my ADOM loot - hunted as treasure and in extra quantity.